Respected Contributor

How many times did the winner say he was at a disadvantage when it came to raising money?  You just knew he would raise more than George.  I read the majority of Matt's money came from a list of the arthritis fund's biggest contributors. They were given a heads up that their charity would be on CA this season and told to hold off with their annual contributions.

Valued Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Just saw Matt on Home & Family (Hallmark channel).

Something strange......

He said that he didn't find out he won until it was aired on TV. 

HUH???

Said all his friends were gathered around and filming his face (reaction) when it was announced on TV.

HUH???

I thought--you weren't there Matt?

But he said they taped two endings.  One with Boy George winning and one with Matt winning.

Strange.  Why would they do that?

So it would be an artificial *SURPRISE!* kinda. 

Agree?

That's creepy strange.Also cruel to do to them.

Respected Contributor

It was pretty non climatic. I miss the hoopla at the finale when Trump was there. This was just bleh. 

Valued Contributor

@wildlifewitch wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Something strange......

HUH???

Said all his friends were gathered around and filming his face (reaction) when it was announced on TV.

HUH???

But he said they taped two endings.  One with Boy George winning and one with Matt winning.

Agree?

I found the link explaining this. Ughh.it;s on tvline.com, it won't paste.

Honored Contributor

@wildlifewitch wrote:

I found the link explaining this. Ughh.it;s on tvline.com, it won't paste.

@wildlifewitch  here's the link.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

OK, so this was filmed almost exactly 1 year (yes 1 year ago) according to Matt.  He said two separate endings were made and he said that's why he acted so weird on the TV it was because they really did not know (when he was told) if he was going to win. 

Each (he and Boy George) filmed their ending and were told they'd find out the winner when everyone else does and that turned out to be true.

Matt said he was sitting on his couch at home when he saw (on the TV) he'd won!  He had no idea until then.  It wasn't just based on the amount of money (he said).

He said he debated on telling everyone he had arthritis but in the end decided to tell his story.  I follow him on Ninja Warrior (never, never miss an episode).

I liked both of them so much so it didn't matter to me who would win although I figured Matt would win, just because he's so likable.  

I'm just telling you what he said in the interview on XM radio Entertainment Weekly.

Esteemed Contributor

@wildlifewitch wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Something strange......

HUH???

HUH???

Agree?

Rather than have a 'live' finale- they did this? ! I wonder  what producer  thought this would be a good idea Woman Sad very bizarre!!

Respected Contributor

That is very disappointing!  Shoot time should have been closer to air time then they could have had a live show like they do on the regular Apprentice.

Respected Contributor

I've never watched the show.   I can certainly take Arnold more than Trump...

Esteemed Contributor

@KatieB wrote:

I've never watched the show.   I can certainly take Arnold more than Trump...

Agreed! Trump trashed Arnolds ratings - but he had an ebb and flow with ratings on the show as well. One would think DT has bigger fish to fry right  now!! Woman Frustrated