Respected Contributor

I think this is it for me watching Cedar Cove.  I just watched the last episode and I could not believe how weak and wishy-washy the characters have become (even more than last seson).  First of all, if I had a brothter like Will, he would be kicked out on the curb so fast his head would spin.  OMG!  He is not a child, he just moves into Oliva's house (after being underhanded with their mom's house), sits around like a king, plays tennis, does not work and he does nothing.  She asks him to do some repairs around the house, pick up some skim milk, and of course he does nothing!  She just meakly smiles, this is all she ever seems to do.  What he cannot go live in the B&B, he does have money.  She shows no range of emotion whatsoever.  I think this was it for me.  How could anyone tolerate this, I certainly would not.  And then that DA, he is divorced and nervous about dating, I can understand that but he acts like a high school kid.  The only one with any backbone is Moon and Warren, who tell it like it is.  This is getting just too childish for me.

Sorry for the long post I just needed to vent.  I will be amazed if this is picked up for another season.

Super Contributor

Re: Cedar Cove - Need to Vent!

It's losing me too.

I don't care for Andie MacDowell as the lead.  I don't think she is a good actress at all.  Jack is super hot and there are no sparks between them at all.  

I agree, the brother is a fill in character to try and stretch the show and it's not working.

Trusted Contributor

I missed Saturday's episode, so I'm trying to figure out when they will replay it.  I thought you could watch it online, but their site tells you to look at your local cable listing!!

Respected Contributor

@susan kay wrote:

I missed Saturday's episode, so I'm trying to figure out when they will replay it.  I thought you could watch it online, but their site tells you to look at your local cable listing!!

They have been running the last week episode on Friday nites. You will probably find it in your local listings.  Also, if you have DirecTV you can play it "on demand".  I've done that a few times and it works well. (P.S. You didn't miss much!)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am still enjoying it, and love Andie McDowell! Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

perkup, thank you for the info. I have Time Warner cable.  Looked up Friday night, and looks as if they will show it at 8. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Pretty soon all they're going to have left as a draw is the scenery.

It's one thing to be decent, and kind, and non-controversial, and family-friendly, but Hallmark has allowed these characters to remain so simplified and monotonous.    I have actually missed the beginnings of the last couple of shows since I wasn't rushing to the tv like I did in the first season.  (At least they now have the Friday night reruns.  I still love the scenery!)

Good Witch is coming soon.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Super Contributor

I enjoyed Cedar Cove last summer and really wanted to watch this season (which I did) but I agree with other posters that it is very wishy washy and seems to have no "plot" at all.  One thing that always puzzles me is how on earth that young blond woman was cast as Andie McDowall's daughter.  Unfortunately, a big put-off for me is that I have never liked Andie McDowall's friend, Grace, who for some unknown reason totally comes across as totally false.  Also, how could she have short hair in episode one then turn up in episode two with long hair - and the writers gloss over that by having her say "that is between my hairdresser and me".  Do the writers think viewers are so juvenile as to say "Oh, okay"?   I think this show could have a lot of potential but it needs some new writers and a better story for next season.  I agree that the scenery and town are lovely.

Trusted Contributor

I think there's a lot of potential for interesting plot lines (I look at it as if it were a book I was reading), but nothing's been happening except for the testosterone-off between Paul and Jack. 

Honored Contributor

@joannecha wrote:

I think there's a lot of potential for interesting plot lines (I look at it as if it were a book I was reading), but nothing's been happening except for the testosterone-off between Paul and Jack. 

I agree.  I just got Hallmark back after a 4+ year absence so I'm enjoying this series. It's uncomplicated and as previously stated, the scenery is gorgeous. This is one show I watch solely for entertaiment. I don'thave to keep up with who said what or try to figure out innuendos - just sit, watch, and enjoy.

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~