Esteemed Contributor

I'm sorry and surprised to hear it is cancelled.  I watched from the beginning and even though I didn't like the direction some of the characters had taken, I will miss it.  Guess we will never know if Olivia stays with Jack or chooses the new guy - the D.A. (forgot his name).

Honored Contributor

I'm not surprised. I feel bad for all of the actors, because there are many I really like on this show. The writing just started getting really bad and ridiculous in season 2 and they didn't seem to be coming back from that.

I stuck with it through the bad writing because Cedar Cove seems like such a lovely place and I loved visiting it every week. Cedar Cove the place will stick with me the way Stars Hollow did, but unlike the characters from The Gilmore Girls, the residents of Cedar Cove won't be with me forever because the writing just wasn't quality work.

Honored Contributor

The stories had veered so far from the books that they were no longer recognizable so I doubt I would have continued watching anyway. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Cedar Cove Cancelled

[ Edited ]

@twinsister  His name was Paul.

Thanks for this info.  I hadn't known it was canceled and I did watch it each season.

Where did you get your info it's been canceled? Link please? i'd like to read about that and am not finding the cancelation by Googling.

Honored Contributor

@twinsister, I was afraid this was going to happen, last year's episode just didn't "spark" , sorry this happened, I am a big fan of Andie McDowell!

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@twinsister  His name was Paul.

Thanks for this info.  I hadn't known it was canceled and I did watch it each season.

Where did you get your info it's been canceled? Link please? i'd like to read about that and am not finding the cancelation by Googling.

@Pearlee - Hallmark posted it on Facebook.  While they did not use the exact word - cancelled - they thanked everyone involved for the the three seasons they delivered.  Also said they looked forward to working with them again on Hallmark. To me that meant cancelled.

Thanks for the character's name!

Honored Contributor

@twinsister  Thank you for the info!  I don't look much on FB so I'm glad you posted. Yeah, sure sounds like cancelation to me!

Hallmark is already working with Dylan Neal - he's on one of their new detective shows involving food (stupid).  I guess he saw the handwriting on the wall about Cedar Cove! LOL

Thanks again.  I liked that show but this frees up Saturday nights in summer. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@twinsister  I just took a look at the FB page you mentioned. 

One of the commenters suggested a 2-hr. movie to wrap up what happens since it is pretty clear as you say the show is canceled.  I think that's a great idea!  I'm sure if they publicized it enough most people who watched the show would tune in, so it would get decent ratings. But, more importantly, I want to know which guy Olivia ends up with!  Jack or Paul?   I think a lot of the show's viewers would tune in to see that, if it was promoed that the film would address that.  Yeah, 2-hr. TV movie wrap-up.  I want it!

Respected Contributor

This past season was so boring it was hard to watch. I think with a new believeable storyline the show could have continued.

Honored Contributor

Lifetime did the same thing with Army Wives.  They just cancelled it out of the blue with now wrap up or fanfare.

Hallmark Channel is really day-to-day with their shows.  They don't renew for a new season until the last possible second and then the actors are all busy with other things and it messes these shows up.

I think Bruce Boxleitner said he had 48 hours to decide if he wanted to do Cedar Cover and he had to cancel everything he was doing to get there.

It's good work if you can get it, but it's not long term.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN