Trusted Contributor

Re: “Cats” Movie Trailer

In addition, in the trailor, "White Cat" was featured prominently and was even speaking - in the Brodway show, she is the featured dancer and just stands out in the group. She has no speaking part, as was in the trailor, so I am probably going to pass on this one - at least until it comes out for free on video. Besides, I am not a big Jennifer Hudson fan and I didn't like how she was singing Memories in the promo. Do like James Cordon, though and am sure he will be fun.

Valued Contributor

@Lisa now in AZ wrote:

In addition, in the trailor, "White Cat" was featured prominently and was even speaking - in the Brodway show, she is the featured dancer and just stands out in the group. She has no speaking part, as was in the trailor, so I am probably going to pass on this one - at least until it comes out for free on video. Besides, I am not a big Jennifer Hudson fan and I didn't like how she was singing Memories in the promo. Do like James Cordon, though and am sure he will be fun.

@Lisa now in AZ  The white cat, Victoria, appears to be the glue that holds the story together in the new film. Unlike the play, which features no dialogue, it seems they’ve written an actual script with “book scenes.” I’m guessing they’ve done this to better explain the plot to the audience. Since some audience members have had trouble understanding the plot of the stage musical, they probably figured that they would have to really spell it out for movie audiences.

Trusted Contributor

@MaryLamb, I agree that they are making it more of a story with a plot for their intended audience who can't be expected to use their own imaginations. That makes me sad, but it is not unexpected. And, thanks for the name. I always referrred to her as White Cat and she just draws your attention due to her fantastic dancing and cat moves. The side by side picture you posted spoke volumes.

Super Contributor

Saw trailer today and I didn't get that same feeling I got when I saw it on broadway many moons ago

My husband was totally creeped out.