Respected Contributor

Re: “Cats” Movie Trailer

The trailer looked interesting to me.  I'd go see it w/a fellow cat lover.  I never saw the Broadway play - I'd always been a dog person at that time.

Now that I have a cat of my own - I get it!!  Cat LOL

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

This is a far better trailer. I think it looks magic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtSd844cI7U

@cherry- That's the one DH and I watched.  We didn't see anything creepy or scary about it.  I agree - looks magical to me and I'll be waiting to go see it!

Honored Contributor

Too bad we aren't neighbors ,we could do dinner and a film @Venezia . It is a fairytale ,no creepier than Harry Potter , or the brothers Grimm.

I am not a cat lover ( allergies) but I will see this film

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cherry wrote:

Will the Cats in the film be human-sized?

As with the stage musical, an oversized set and motion-capture suits were utilised during filming to create the illusion of a cat’s perspective, so, to viewers, the film’s felines will actually look roughly cat-sized.

@cherry  Tthey will appear to be the size of real cats, whereas on stage this couldn't be done, think it is more realistic to look smaller.

Honored Contributor

I did not view it but I saw the live production in Chicago many years ago and it was excellent.  Hands down to the makeup artist.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Will be interested to hear about the dollars made at the box office.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Positive FYI:

"Cats" is directed by Tom Hooper, who did 2012's successful movie musical "Les Miserables" featuring Hugh Jackman and Anne Hathaway.

He's also been Oscar-nominated for other films.    

Cat Happy

Valued Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:

Positive FYI:

"Cats" is directed by Tom Hooper, who did 2012's successful movie musical "Les Miserables" featuring Hugh Jackman and Anne Hathaway.

He's also been Oscar-nominated for other films.    

Cat Happy

@feline groovy  “The King’s Speech” was in Hooper’s wheelhouse, but Les Mis was not directed or shot well at all. It was not a box office success in comparison to other films that year. It came in 18th in terms of box office and was beaten by films like “Snow White and the Huntsman” and “The Lorax.” Ann Hathaway won an Oscar, but it lost its only 2 other nominations which were for sound and makeup. In terms of box office and critical success, it was mediocre at best.

Honored Contributor

@MaryLamb :

He also directed the 2015 movie "The Danish Girl", along with HBO's 2008 "John Adams" miniseries.

Willing to give this movie a shot for the collective talent, Tim Burton-esque touches, fantastic story, cinematography, feline authenticity, and (of course, LOL) subject matter.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

No doubt it will do well at the box office.

People will watch a.n.y.t.h.i.n.g as long as there’s popcorn involved.

But that doesn’t make it a quality film.

Boy, it’s getting dragged on social media, tho.

The memes & videos are funny.

CREEPY’ is probably the most used term to describe.