Valued Contributor

Anyone else totally creeped out by it? The CGI looks poorly executed. Where is her tail coming from? If they’re trying to give small children nightmares, then mission accomplished.

C28D882B-EFD9-4EEE-9EE6-F4613EBA8AE7.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Re: “Cats” Movie Trailer

DH and I've watched the trailer today and we don't get what all the fuss is about.  Anyone who's see the musical wouldn't think anything is wrong with the trailer.  We can't wait to see the full movie.

Quite frankly, I've see far scarier things on the news every single day lately.

Honored Contributor

Ive seen various adaptions of the CATs trailer.  I didn't find it creepy.  However, I did find some of the CGI "off" and/or cheaply done.  This isn't a low budget film is it? Smiley Tongue

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac- Given the cast lineup, there's no way this is a low-budget production!

Valued Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

DH and I've watched the trailer today and we don't get what all the fuss is about.  Anyone who's see the musical wouldn't think anything is wrong with the trailer.  We can't wait to see the full movie.

Quite frankly, I've see far scarier things on the news every single day lately.

@Venezia  Sorry, but I saw the original cast of “Cats” on Broadway in 1982 and in London in the mid-190’s, and I’m horrified by it. There are also throngs of contributors on the Broadway World forum who’ve seen the show multiple times, and they’re mortified, too. The issue is that instead of just doing the original theatrical makeup and touching it up with minimal CGI, they decided to go full CGI and it makes them look fake and creepy. Also, they’re not proportional to the sets they built for the film. They look like the size of mice rather than cats. 

Honored Contributor

@MaryLamb- DH and I will wait to see the full movie and then decide.  Basing an opinion on a few-minutes-long trailer doesn't give it a proper chance.  (And wouldn't be the first time - and won't be the last - that we didn't agree with the "experts" and critics.)

But to each her own.  Sorry, it's not something you will enjoy.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@MaryLamb"it makes them look fake and creepy."

That is an "adult" opinion.  I bet small children will find it funny or at least be in awe.

"they’re not proportional to the sets they built for the film. They look like the size of mice rather than cats."

Small children will not know the difference and/or even care!

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Valued Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@MaryLamb"it makes them look fake and creepy."

That is an "adult" opinion.  I bet small children will find it funny or at least be in awe.

"they’re not proportional to the sets they built for the film. They look like the size of mice rather than cats."

Small children will not know the difference and/or even care!

@Mz iMac  You’re right. We shouldn’t expect too much from something that cost hundreds of millions of dollars to make.

Respected Contributor

People have been making fun of Cats for years. Why should that change now? I saw it staged locally by one of the touring companies some years ago. I enjoyed the dancing and the music. Having had cats for most of my life, I liked the cat mannerisms by the actors. A movie is an interpretation not a staged musical. I will see it when it comes out, interested to see the well known actors. I may hate it or I may love it, but it is a fantasy based on a book, will keep my perspective.

Respected Contributor

Saw it yesterday & laughed...better left to the stage.