Honored Contributor

Re: Castle fans

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree wrote:

Yes, I just read that.  It's to save money,  Or so they say but I think the producers just want to shake up the show.  They can do more with Castle as a secksy, single mystery writer who solves crimes.  My guess is, there will be a total shake up.  The show will be about Casle the witer/PI rather than a police show.  The two guy cops will either play minor "cop" roles or join Casle in his PI firm.   So, the women are out......and the guys get to keep their jobs.  I think we will be hearing more about that.

@chrystaltree  I think the Brass at ABC are absolutely crazy anyway---cutting budget costs on Castle but going "all out" with that lame and obnoxious THE BACHELOR/BACHLORETTE.....who watches that qwapp! It seems to be a parade of wanna be psuedocelebrities... Woman Tongue  ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Nathan Fillion has commented on Stana Katic's exit:

http://www.tvguide.com/news/castle-nathan-fillion-stana-katic-exit/

Trusted Contributor

@Marsha2003 wrote:

Perfect!  I like Nathan Fillion, but I was never fond of the Beckett story line and stopped watching the show a few seasons ago.  I would love to see a Beckett-less Castle.

I totally agree.  I don't care for the Beckett character at all -- and this year she's even worse, in my opinon.  I really don't think she will be missed one bit.

Frequent Contributor

I just read that Fillion and Katic did not get along at all. And her being coy about re-signing probably didn't help matters.  At first I thought this would likely kill the series but after reading all of your posts I think Castle could be good with just the guys. It depends how they eliminate Beckett. I wouldn't want them to kill her off because then Castle would have to go into mourning and that is a drag. Maybe just have them separate and he is bummed for a little while but picks his life up and can be his jovial and snarky self again. Yeah, I like that!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Castle fans

[ Edited ]

I have never thought that Beckett and Castle had any chemistry, and their ridiculous marriage is not believable at all. She was cold, mechanical, and not even personable to me. I hope the Castle character can move on and do things that open up the storyline.

Honored Contributor

Well, if you saw Monday night's show, you could see what is a possibility for next year's show ..... if there is a next season.

I think Becket would have to die, and they'd have to fast forward  to a couple years after her death.   That way, everyone's grieving would be over.

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I think Becket would have to die, and they'd have to fast forward  to a couple years after her death.   That way, everyone's grieving would be over.

I agree with this.  Castle is already divorced, not sure what it would do for the character to be a two-time "loser" in that regard.  But, being widowed because the great love of his life perhaps threw herself in front of a bullet for him?  Gives him a tragic, intriguing past.

Honored Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

I have never thought that Beckett and Castle had any chemistry, and their ridiculous marriage is not believable at al. She was cold, mechanica, and not even personable to me. I hope the Castle character can move on and do things that open up the storyline.

And one of the worst actresses ever.  She seemed more concerned with looking great than acting.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@RainCityWoman wrote:

I have never thought that Beckett and Castle had any chemistry, and their ridiculous marriage is not believable at al. She was cold, mechanica, and not even personable to me. I hope the Castle character can move on and do things that open up the storyline.

And one of the worst actresses ever.  She seemed more concerned with looking great than acting.

@Pearlee

What are you basing this on?    She's a very pretty woman, but I've never seen anything in any show to indicate "she seemed more concerned with looking great than acting".

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@Pearlee

What are you basing this on?  

@TINKERBELL   I am basing it on having watched the TV show for its first several years (not recently).  I'm entitled to my opinion.  You may disagree.   I didn't base this on a scientific study, but my watching her.   Looks completely aside, I still think her acting sucks.  Why --- do you think she's a good actress?  I think the others on the show, including Castle's daughter, run rings around her acting.  She's terrible esp. in comparison to the rest of the cast.  That is my opinion and I'm free to express it.