Honored Contributor

Re: Casting JonBenet Premieres Apr. 28 on Netflix

@LoriLori wrote:

Also @Kachina624, @Puzzle Piece,

I suppose you think ID Discovery should go off the air along with 20/20, Dateline NBC and 48 Hours?  The ratings for all of them are spectacular.  People are interested and they're watching.  ("Casting JonBenet" is mostly about the interest in the crime, not the crime.)

ID Discovery recently broke ratings records with a special on Casey Anthony.  I didn't watch.  That's my right.  But I would never tell anyone else not to watch nor judge them for watching, as you're doing.

@LoriLori - to add to your thoughts:   Nor take away someone's option just because a person doesn't like something.  So many people on this board think if they don't like something it shouldn't even be offered.  Watch or don't watch - your choice - but don't impose your preferences on others!

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee, ITA.  There are threads on this forum about shows where I just roll my eyes when I see them.  But I keep moving.  I don't post and say this shouldn't be on because I don't like it or I don't approve or even I think it's not great for society, which I privately think about some shows. 

And if I did get all judgy about a show I'd first make sure I knew exactly what it was about or listen to someone else who patiently explained what it's about, as I did, since someone posting about it has a totally wrong idea of what it is.

Esteemed Contributor

@LoriLori You suppose wrongly. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

@LoriLori You suppose wrongly. 

@Puzzle Piece, you don't know what "suppose" means. 

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori  Sorry I somehow by-passed your thread.  It does sound like a different viewpoint.  So often these re-runs of sensational murders claim to have new facts, but after you've wasted an hour or more watching it, you find there's really nothing new.   This sounds like it might actually be interesting. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@LoriLori  I've watched ID a lot because I'm a night owl and they broadcast all night.  I got a little tired of all the violence and decided it want conducive to peaceful rest, so don't watch often now except for Joe Kenda.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@LoriLori You don't know what suppose means.  You surmise because I don't have a supporting view that this is some sort of spar.  I won't change my view or take on the subject and offer forth my opinion.  You are so closed minded that you don't take anything that is different as being a person's perogative to have a different take. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

I watched some it this morning, and had to stop it. Out loud...I said, boring. I don't mind documentaries, but this was searching a pool of want to be actors. 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@LoriLori  Sorry I somehow by-passed your thread.  It does sound like a different viewpoint.  So often these re-runs of sensational murders claim to have new facts, but after you've wasted an hour or more watching it, you find there's really nothing new.   This sounds like it might actually be interesting. 

@Kachina624, thank you, I greatly appreciate your post.  I agree this sounds interesting,  and it was lauded at Sundance.