Respected Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

Oh I loved this show!I watched all season of it and still watch reruns, it was just so good and funny and you could really relate to a lot of it. Not sure why Kim Cattrall has to still be bashing SJP and the show, but it made her famous so she should be quiet and be Thankful....

.It really makes me mad when someone trashes the very thing that made them famous, I was just reading an article where someone was interviewing Anna Kendrick, and asked her about Twilight and she said oh I forget I was in those movies! Really? They made you famous, and you forgot?

I really like the character Samantha, but if Kim is going to keep holding a grudge then they are definitely better off filming without her!Who needs that??

Kim Cattrall has been a well-known actor in theatre, movies, and television for 46 years. 

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Yes, it is a marathon that started early yesterday. Of course E waters it down, you can tell where the bleeps are.  I saw the one last night where Aiden yells his famous line,  You broke my heart !!

My fave of all is the first movie, the second one was terrible. 

@Shelbelle Loved Aiden.  I would take him any day of the week over Mr. Big and twice on Sundays!

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN  I think one of the things Cattrall has been suggesting is that having been around for years, she felt she should have been considered more of a 'star' of the show... She also has said that Parker was just 'unkind'... Cattrall did have a significant career long before SATC, appearing in a number of movies, plays  and TV shows, but, it was probably the Samantha role that more or less made her a household name... She's also suggested it's time they all move on from SATC... Who knows what their real relationship was like...

@stevieb I agree they should all move on.  These reboots don't always work.  And you run the risk of spoiling what was a great series and a great run.  

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:
If they would have big die,im glad they are not making a 3rd.yes,Nixon ran for office but lost
Not due if she was a dem or rep

A dem,  didn't do very well ,  not a great candidate 

Esteemed Contributor

@Flatbush wrote:

@Luvsmyfam wrote:
Wow!that's fantastic right now,big is headed for Paris to get his woman back

@Luvsmyfam 

That was definitely a memorable episode! Loved it.

One of my favorite episodes !!!   Any episode with Big actually !!   So handsome and Cary Grant like ,  love Big!

Honored Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

Oh I loved this show!I watched all season of it and still watch reruns, it was just so good and funny and you could really relate to a lot of it. Not sure why Kim Cattrall has to still be bashing SJP and the show, but it made her famous so she should be quiet and be Thankful....

.It really makes me mad when someone trashes the very thing that made them famous, I was just reading an article where someone was interviewing Anna Kendrick, and asked her about Twilight and she said oh I forget I was in those movies! Really? They made you famous, and you forgot?

I really like the character Samantha, but if Kim is going to keep holding a grudge then they are definitely better off filming without her!Who needs that??

Kim Cattrall has been a well-known actor in theatre, movies, and television for 46 years. 

@mom2four0418 I know I remember seeing her in Police Academy, and Mannequin, but SATC put her over into the Big Leagues!

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN  I think one of the things Cattrall has been suggesting is that having been around for years, she felt she should have been considered more of a 'star' of the show... She also has said that Parker was just 'unkind'... Cattrall did have a significant career long before SATC, appearing in a number of movies, plays  and TV shows, but, it was probably the Samantha role that more or less made her a household name... She's also suggested it's time they all move on from SATC... Who knows what their real relationship was like...

@stevieb I get that, i also remember seeing Kim in Mannequin and Police Academy, along with some other roles, but SATC put her in the Big Leagues. I can understand though that she felt she wasn't getting her due diligence from the show..Everything was all SJP...It really is too bad because I think her character will be sorely missed. 

Respected Contributor

Yesterday was movie day and night for me.  On TCM, 'Bonfire of the Vanities' was on - starred Tom Hanks and Bruce Willis amongst many others, one of whom was Kim Cattrall - she played Tom Hanks' wife in the film.  Odd movie, not sure if it would go over in today's market, but worth seeing.

So then I watched the last hour of the 1st SATC movie - picked up where Big had not shown up for the ceremony and Miranda was confessing to Carrie that she had told Big he was crazy to get married and that unnerved him so much he didn't go to the ceremony. 

So I watched the rest of the 1st movie (loved her bridal suit for the 2nd ceremony) and liked the scene where they were all celebrating at the restaurant, all having a great time.

Then I watched the 2nd SATC movie, from beginning to end.  It was a bit bizarre, but I have to say I enjoyed it as well.  I love the clothes.  I love the girls.  Abu Dabbi (sp?) looked spectacular.  I never caught the show on HBO as I didn't get HBO at the time, so I've only seen all the reruns on E.  I like Mr. Big but I also liked John Corbett as Aiden.  Two completely different types.  I think I would have chosen Aiden as well.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

I thought I was the only one who didn't hate the second movie!  It had a lot of entertainment value, IMO.  Smiley Happy

I have always loved this show.  I watched it when it originally aired.  What is a drag is that the reruns are usually on the E! channel so they are edited.  But I've seen every episode so many times I couldn't even count.

I've seen the first movie several times and the second one probably only a couple times, but I like both.

I haven't seen what Cattrall's actual beef is with the others so I guess I don't have a solid opinion.  The thing mentioned here about how she thought she should be the star - well, but she wasn't.  It was an ensemble bit and, IIRC, Parker was invested in it so, yeah, it was kind of her show.  If another actor cannot handle that it seems that w/b on them, not on everybody else.

Honored Contributor

Re: Carrie bradshaw

[ Edited ]

@jellyBEAN wrote:

I like Mr. Big but I also liked John Corbett as Aiden.  Two completely different types.  I think I would have chosen Aiden as well.

The only characters/storylines I couldn't really stomach were the ones with Berger and Petrovsky. 

Both of those characters skeeved me out.  Nothing against the actors and Baryshnikov was a brilliant athlete (I think ballet dancers are about the most amazing athletes there are!).