Respected Contributor

Re: Carrie Underwood reveals miscarriages

[ Edited ]

@Skididdy wrote:

Heartwrenching to even think of losing a child.  But 3 children.

I believe it is the very worst thing in life....Im thankful I do not know that feeling.

The poor thing.  She seems like a fighter for sure.  You would have to be just to get out of bed. So sad.

I can tell you it is the worst feeling in the world and you mourn the death of your baby. I had one and it devastated me. I couldn't imagine 3.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Esteemed Contributor

About 10 to 20 percent of known pregnancies end in miscarriage. I can't imagine experiencing 3. Hoping good health for baby and mom. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

My DDL had three miscarriages since 2012.  Even now with my 4 year old Granddaughter and five month old Grandson we still talk about those babies.  It was painful loosing each child. 

Happy news for Carrie and her family.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

I'm not a CU fan but I feel sorry for anyone who has been through all of that.

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I saw that interview!  I could relate to her pain.  I had several miscarriages.  One I had when I was 4 or 5 months pregnant (they couldn't tell).

I sat there listening to her and could hear her pain in her voice.

I always wondered what had happened other than her tripping that they kept referring to her 'year'.  I kept thinking, 'OK, she fell and it was terrible'.  But the reporters always made it sound like there was so much more.

I think her honesty gives hope to people who've had several miscarriages that it CAN happen.  It's terrible when it happens to you.

I'm so sorry you had to go through that Annabelle!!!!...my mother lost my brother after he was born..he only lived two weeks. I found this out when I was 8 or so..from the pediatrician..he didn't know that I was unaware of having a brother. I was hurt no one told me..but it took great courage for my mother to go ahead and have another pregnancy..and that would be ME! I know my parents and my brother are all together now..and someday..soon..I will be there too..! I feel very bad for Carrie..she's a very strong woman! 

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West