Respected Contributor

Sad.

She was so beautiful.

Honored Contributor

Re: Carol Lynley Dead at 77

[ Edited ]

One other thing about Lynley, she and Tuesday Weld (see Sharke's comment about her DH and movie star blondes) seemed to be very gentle spirits.  At least that is the general aura that I sensed surrounding them.

Respected Contributor

I remember her from "The Poseidon Adventure."  Sad to hear this.

Honored Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

Wondering what the cause of death was, I googled and found this:

Lynley died aged 77 of a heart attack on September 3, 2019 at her home in Pacific Palisades, California.

Here is a more recent photo of Carol Lynley.  I like that she aged gracefully (for the most part).  She always had such a a warm smile.

Image result for how did carol lynley die

Beautiful friendly eyes!

Honored Contributor

I remember Carol, Sandra Dee and Tuesday Weld (saw her in person once).   Carol Lynley was on so many magazine covers and I was a magazine fan of about the same age.  RIP

Honored Contributor

@golding76 

Did she have a heart attack in her home?

BDA9636D-1BCF-4073-94C5-AEDD25B9E409.jpeg

I wasn't real familiar with this actress.

so sorry.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Very sorry to hear that, @golding76.  I was just thinking about her yesterday, believe it or not, as I have been re-reading the delicious picture-bio of Fred Astaire, by Sarah Giles,  "Fred Astaire--  His Friends Talk".

Probably a lot of people don't know that Carol Lynley and Fred Astaire were great friends in his later years, all through the 1970's at least, and her fond reminiscences of him are studded all through the book.  I started to really like her, for her honest assessments and the fascinating glimpses she could give into that extraordinary life.  She said of him,  "He was mentally elegant, with a choice of verbiage, a sense of humor, and a point of view that were truly and originally elegant".

After all her little anecdotes, I saw her as more than the ethereally pretty, fragile blonde beauty from the screen-- she was an interesting woman who could fascinate and platonically befriend Fred Astaire!  Reading between the lines, she sounds like she was substantive, and a lot of fun.  RIP.

Honored Contributor

Re: Carol Lynley Dead at 77

[ Edited ]

@Oznell   I just got that book out of the library (first read about it here on the Astaire thread).  It's huge and not user-friendly to tote around!

Honored Contributor

When I first heard about her death today, I thought "Bunny Lake Is Missing!"

A terrible movie!   I liked her though (in other things - that movie was terrible!).

And ah yes, Tuesday Weld, usually playing a bad girl.  Pretty Poison is just one example.

Honored Contributor

She was beautiful, , I remember her best from The Poseidon Adventure! Sad!77 is still young!