Honored Contributor

I’m watching the Golden Globes, and Carol Burnett just received a lifetime achievement award for television. What a gracious and lovely speech from a lovely women. It was worth the whole show to see her. And by the way she looked terrific !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Hard to beleive she is almost 86, she looked amazing tonight

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

IMO Carol Burnett & Lucille Ball are the greatest female comedians of all time. They did it without cursing or getting political.

It was a joy to see Carol be the first to receive this award named in her honor. At 85 & an icon she remains grateful & humble.💐

Esteemed Contributor

@NicksmomESQ

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

IMO Carol Burnett & Lucille Ball are the greatest female comedians of all time. They did it without cursing or getting political.

It was a joy to see Carol be the first to receive this award named in her honor. At 85 & an icon she remains grateful & humble.💐

ITA.  She was also right about TV of yesteryear, they were entertaining and funny .  No curse words were used and we lost ourselves in the moment, not reminded of our problems, but could really laugh and for the moment forget our problems and worries.. I actually cried when she reminisced. At 83 , I grew up with early T V and remember the whole family eating dinner together, discussing the day, kitchen cleaned, and on to the favorite comedy or dance movie and the family sitting together.

Honored Contributor

Carol was one funny lady.  She would bring tears to your eyes from laughing.  I actually miss her shows.  Her speech was gracious.  I wish she could come back with a special.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1@Katcat1@qvcaddition@NicksmomESQ

Hard to believe and yes, she looked great and she is one of the greats!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

@qvcaddition

Not ashamed to say I cried, too.  From Steve Carell's heartfelt (but funny) riff "She is funny, and gracious, and kind. She is without a doubt one of the most revered, talented, and well-liked people in show business. It's been said that she makes Tom Hanks look like an (bleep)."

Denise
Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1  She is a class act.  What a great speech - she sounds so grateful and honored, instead of some political rant which seems to be prevalent on awards shows these days.

Only wish that Lucille Ball was still around, would have loved to see her again. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Trusted Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

Carol was one funny lady.  She would bring tears to your eyes from laughing.  I actually miss her shows.  Her speech was gracious.  I wish she could come back with a special.

I agree, but unfortunately some of her co-stars are gone or not in good health. It would not be the same without Tim Conway and Harvey Corman. How I would love to go back to the old days. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

She's amazing.