Honored Contributor

Carol Burnett Show Characters LOL

[ Edited ]

After seeing Carol on "Better Call Saul" I remembered her very funny characters on her weekly series.  So many great parodies, too.

Mrs. Wiggins

8 fictional secretaries who deserved to be the boss

Stella Toddler

Stella Toddler & The Oldest Man: "The Shoe Store" Sketch from The Carol  Burnett Show

Starlet and Ratt

The Carol Burnett Show – Carol's Favorites (DVD Review) at Why So Blu?

Shirley Dimple

Can you name these classic 'Carol Burnett Show' characters?

Eunice

Crazy Carol Burnett aka Eunice | Carol burnett, Look at the stars, Carole

Chiquita (with Charo)

Can you name these classic 'Carol Burnett Show' characters?

Nora Desmond

Carol Burnett chooses her all-time favorite sketches

The Lady Heir

Watch The Carol Burnett Show: Season Eight | Prime Video

The Lovely Story

Harvey Korman; 81; his comedy veered from stoic to silly - The Boston Globe

Beach Blanket Boo Boo (with Betty White)

All About Carol — Betty White in the Beach Blanket Bingo parody...

John Girl in The Walnuts

The Carol Burnett Show" Alice Portnoy/The Ham Actor/The Walnuts (TV Episode  1975) - IMDb

And so many more!   She will always be the best!

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

Re: Carol Burnett Show Characters LOL

Eunice and Mrs. Wiggins were my favorites, though I admit I never did get to see "John Girl" (complete with birthmark)!

Honored Contributor

@vsm wrote:

Eunice and Mrs. Wiggins were my favorites, though I admit I never did get to see "John Girl" (complete with birthmark)!

@vsm   Youtube.  I would link but it may be removed.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@vsm wrote:

"John Girl" was on recently. I think I saw it either last Sunday night or the Sunday before. I try an watch her show. And Carol Burnett Show is on before "The D i c k Van D y k e Show on Sundays on ME TV.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Cakers3 wrote:

@vsm wrote:

@vsm   Youtube.  I would link but it may be removed.

The Mods tend to remove links to retailers directly competing with QVC. I've never had a link deleted for something like a YouTube video. I'll supply the one you refer to. 

Here is a link to a couple of The Walnuts skits with the John Girl character. Hope you laugh. 

https://youtu.be/3OykLkZi4_Q

My personal favorite was with Tim Conway and Harvey Korman doing a skit called At The Dentist. I don't think either of them kept a straight face as the skit progressed. 
True, it wasn't a Carol Burnett character, but oh so funny!

https://youtu.be/9IUSM4EKcRI

Respected Contributor

I enjoy watching the show on MeTV...Eunice is my favorite. I never saw Beach Blanket Boo Boo so just watched it on YouTube, love Steve Martin & Betty White rocked those leather pants, lol. Thanks for sharing @Cakers3.

Honored Contributor

I love Mrs. Wiggins and Tim Conway as her boss.

Trusted Contributor

@OKPrincess 

Same here, Mrs Wiggins and Mr Tudball were my favorite characters.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

In my opinion nothing will top Starlet and Ratt. I liked it because it was so unexpected. 

Bob Mackie came up with such a clever costume. And Carol Burnett played it so well.

Also, I saw Carol Burnett on The Lucy Show. She appeared in several shows. In one episode she played a shy librarian. But after a few glasses of "Italian water". She was singing Hard Hearted Hannah.

Glad that there is film of Carol Burnett's characters. She is quite an entertainer.

PS - Look at all the varied costumes. She must have kept the wardrobe department hopping.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

She is truly the Queen of Sketch Comedy.  Her complete show airs on PBS in my area on Wednesday nights.  The 1/2 shows always eliminate the musical numbers.  And I love when they start cracking up in the middle of the skits.

I love Eunice and the Gone with the Wind parody is truly a classic.  My dance studio is doing TV Land as their showcase and I am making a special appearance as the Char Woman . . . in addition to the other dances I'm performing.