Trusted Contributor

Carol Burnett Show - 50th Anniverary Special in Dec.

MSN had posted that there will be a 2 hour special in December.

~

"CBS is breaking out the balloons and champagne for Carol Burnett and company.

On Thursday, the network announced it’s reuniting original cast members of The Carol Burnett Show for a two-hour 50th anniversary special. Burnett – who is expected to reminisce about her fondest memories of the variety show, which ran for 11 seasons, and reflect on its impact — will be joined by cast members Vicki Lawrence and Lyle Waggoner and costume designer Bob Mackie

“I can’t believe how fast the time went, and what makes me the happiest is that so much of the funny stuff we did still holds up today, and we can share it with generations to come,” said Burnett in a statement. “What a great ride!”

Filmed on the show’s original Stage 33 soundstage at CBS Television City in Los Angeles, The Carol Burnett 50th Anniversary Special will also feature several special guests: Jim Carrey, Kristin Chenoweth, Stephen Colbert, Harry Connick Jr., Bill Hader, Jay Leno, Jane Lynch, Bernadette Peters, Maya Rudolph and Martin Short.

The Carol Burnett 50th Anniversary Special will air Sunday, Dec. 3 at 8 p.m. on CBS"

~

This should be great!

Honored Contributor

Re: Carol Burnett Show - 50th Anniverary Special in Dec.

Looking forward to this, but I'll be more than a bit sad that Harvey and Tim won't be there.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

Looking forward to this, but I'll be more than a bit sad that Harvey and Tim won't be there.

So where's Tim Conway?

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

So where's Tim Conway?

His name wasn't mentioned as being part of the special. His physical condition/health might well be to the point that he's not capable. He's 84. There isn't any current info out there more recent than about 3 years ago.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Trusted Contributor

Moonchilde wrote:

@Moonchilde, when I saw the photo that was posted with the article, I thought the same thing.