Esteemed Contributor

Re: Cardi B's 4 Yr. Old Got $50K Cash For BDay

I think it's fabulous. 

I don't care how she received the largesse.  The conveyance mechanism is a tad cumbersome. 

More power to her.

Honored Contributor

Good gift since right now, it's unlikely the child is controlling that money, and it was probably done with advice from someone in wealth management.  I'm not sure how or why, but I bet right now the benefit is to the giver more than the recipient.

Hopefully they also gave the child coins or bills she is more likely to undrstand at her age -  that along with some economic teachings appropriate to a family with that kind of money!

Trusted Contributor

@JamandBread I agree with your comments.  This happens among the wealthy and ultra-wealthy frequently. Increasing more middle- and upper middle-class families also.  They may not give their money in an obstentatious manner as this, some do, e.g. Bill Gates announcing that his children will each receive 20 million.  Cardi-B and her husband often highlight extravagance on the internet. It seems to be a part of some rappers and singers' attempts to display their wealth. In some ways it's comparable to all the extravagant baby showers and weddings posted by the average person.

Cardi and her husband should ensure they have expert security. Several celebrities in Atlanta have been the victims of robbery and theft, in their homes and vehicles. The latest is former NBA star Vince Carter whose home was invaded by criminals while his wife and children were home. They smashed a window for entry, vandalized his home, and stole nearly 100K in cash.  Fortunately, his wife heard them and immediately called the police.  Vince Carter does not display his wealth in social media.  He and his family are low-keyed.

As some have said, it's their money.  I dislike how those with less money emulate these excesses.  I would much prefer to see the children receive a library of books; we need to improve the literacy levels in our country.  Imagine what the impact they could have on family reading.

Esteemed Contributor

There is a vast difference between giving big money to one of your grown children for school, helping them buy a home or giving minor kids money in the form of  CDs.

This kid is 4 and probably doesn't know a dollar bill from a $100 bill. No concept of amount.

Glad she is their kid because heaven knows what she will expect when she turns 16.

Honored Contributor

I wonder how different the responses would be if one of the Kardashian's gave a 4 year old 50k....lol.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

There is a vast difference between giving big money to one of your grown children for school, helping them buy a home or giving minor kids money in the form of  CDs.

This kid is 4 and probably doesn't know a dollar bill from a $100 bill. No concept of amount.

Glad she is their kid because heaven knows what she will expect when she turns 16.

You never got a check or a 5 dollar bill for your birthday? My aunts and uncles gave me quarters and half dollars from as far back as I remember. I always got money envelopes for special occasions. It's the same thing, except our $5 is her $50k. It's all relative.

Respected Contributor

That's chump change.  She gave her husband, Offset, a 2 million check for Christmas.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Johnnyeager wrote:

They didn't stick the $50,000 into the child's bank account. 

The posted Instagram video shows the birthday girl holding stacks of cash.

@Johnnyeager  All of us give our children money. We don't give "stacks of cash" to a 4-year-old for her birthday. That is more about the parents. There is something wrong with an adult that would send that kind of message to a child. Not to mention it's lazy parenting. Go do something special with your child. That's worth more than 50k. Since the kid has no idea what the value of money is anyway. Disturbing.

Esteemed Contributor

I also heartily endorse any Kardashian who wants to give their very minor kid $50,000 in piles of cash.

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

You are right @CrazyKittyLvr2 she doesn't know the difference. They did an experiment with young children. They let them choose between 10 pennies, and a quarter. All chose the 10 pennies, even though the quarter was more. Why because there were 10 pennies, and only one quarter. They thought they got more with the pennies. 

This was done for the parents ego. Look at us we have money. All that glitters is not gold.