Honored Contributor

Re: Cardi B's 4 Yr. Old Got $50K Cash For BDay

@JamandBread wrote:

It's all relative. I've shelled out over $50k in cash to my daughter over the years. Between help with school loans and 2 downpayment gifts for homes, I'm sure I've exceeded it.

My niece and nephew were each given a $50k certificate of deposit from their great grandmother shortly before she passed. They were 9 and 10.

if they can afford to stick $50k in a bank account for their daughter, more power to them. They didn't ask me to contribute, so it's none of my business.

@JamandBread Some live privileged lives and like to brag about it to those who don't.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
Spoiler

That's obscene and not worthy of discussion.  Cardi B ought to be embarassed when so many people worldwide are suffering. She's surely not obligated to give her money away but to give it to her unappreciative child is an atrocity.  And then have the nerve to publicize it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I got money for birthdays when I was older.  At 4, no I did not get cash. I got toy.  I was 4 money didn't mean diddly to me.

Do you know when I started to really understand money............at 12 when I babysat and earned cash myself.

Trusted Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2
I got money for my christening! I think I was a few weeks old.
Maybe it's just a family tradition with us and I just assumed everyone else experienced the same. I also was thrilled to make my own 💰 🤑 babysitting!
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

She can do what she wants with her money but that 50K could have done a lot of good for a charity.  Maybe it was just a pr stunt.  Who knows?

Esteemed Contributor

Cari B and Offset went cheap for daughters 4th Bday.  For her 3rd Cardi gaveKulture a rainbow Birkin Bag and diamond necklace.   Offset's gift was a pink Richard Mille watch, $250.00.   She also has a diamond bracelet and other jewelery.  Wears only designer clothes.  But Cardi does say she doesn't want her kids ever to feel comfortable????

Honored Contributor

All right now.gif

Screen Shot 2022-07-14 at Thu, Jul 14, 2022-8.16.38 PM.png

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

It's just another way for celebrities to prove to the world they can afford this and that (maybe).  I've read where the Kardashian children received cars (small ones) that actually get them somewhere.  There are a lot of these people in the public eye that brag about the diamonds and jewels they buy for one another.  I've heard of babies getting gold bassinets and more.

I can see doing this for your significant other, but will the child know what to do with $50,000 when she can't appreciate the value of the dollar?  

You have got to know this is publicity so you can show you can live the life of excess you rap about.  If Cardi and Offset did in fact do this, perhaps it's going to be put aside to help her launch her own career or for her college?

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@JamandBread wrote:

It's all relative. I've shelled out over $50k in cash to my daughter over the years. Between help with school loans and 2 downpayment gifts for homes, I'm sure I've exceeded it.

My niece and nephew were each given a $50k certificate of deposit from their great grandmother shortly before she passed. They were 9 and 10.

if they can afford to stick $50k in a bank account for their daughter, more power to them. They didn't ask me to contribute, so it's none of my business.

Exactly!  Some of this is for "show and tell" too.  They live beyond their means just like the rest of us.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life