Respected Contributor

I watched the new Meryl Streep HBO MAX movie last night , It took me a while to get used to seeing Candice Bergen being heavy set , she loooked really good , she is 74 , i just hadn't seen her in antyhing since she gained weight , so it it was a little surprising . This is not a women thing , in i would have commented on a male that looked different. I used to be plain out fat so i am not judging , i do know when we get over 40 , we look better with a little weight in our face as far as wrinkles go. Anyone watch this movie yet?

Honored Contributor

@MW in Iowa wrote:

I watched the new Meryl Streep HBO MAX movie last night , It took me a while to get used to seeing Candice Bergen being heavy set , she loooked really good , she is 74 , i just hadn't seen her in antyhing since she gained wait , so it it was a little surprising . This is not a women thing , in i would have commented on a male that looked different. I used to be plain out fat so i am not judging , i do know when we get over 40 , we look better with a little weight in our face as far as wrinkles go. Anyone watch this movie yet?

@MW in Iowa  I didn't watch it yet but when she was in Sex and the City she had gained a considerable amount of weight so seeing her in the movie would not surprise me. She is beautiful at any weight.

Honored Contributor

She looked lovely in the movie, Book Club, from just a couple of years ago. 

Honored Contributor

How was the movie?  I plan to see this one whenever I get around to it.  But have yet to see any reviews.  TIA  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I've got 20 minutes left to watch .it moves verys slow , but of course the acting is superb , and it is set on a luxury cruise ship , which makes for a different kind of feel. 

Honored Contributor

There was an article in the NY Times about her recently.  Very down to earth and for me  knowing that someone who can afford personal trainers, nutritionist, etc. is comfortable with gaining a few pounds is very reassuring to me.

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

There was an article in the NY Times about her recently.  Very down to earth and for me  knowing that someone who can afford personal trainers, nutritionist, etc. is comfortable with gaining a few pounds is very reassuring to me.

@kaydee50 

There's always the possibility that she doesn't need to keep in shape because she has enough money and doesn't need to work anymore.

Respected Contributor

She may have a medical condition that has caused weight gain.  I have a close relative that is experiencing this after being very slim their whole life.  

It must be very intense to stay "Hollywood thin". I cannot imagine the pressure to always maintain that perfect weight.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

Its weight,not wait.

Respected Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Its weight,not wait.

Wait , What ?