Respected Contributor

Candace Cameron Bure backlash

Anyone here familiar with this story?  CCB posted her family picture on social media and got many harsh comments criticizing it. I saw nothing wrong with it myself but you know how mean people can be.  She spoke out against those who were critical and not nice about it. While I understand her view, I'd also say that if you're a public figure and choose to put stuff on social media, you'd better expect the responses won't be all sweet and positive. What's your opinion on this?

Respected Contributor

Re: Candace Cameron Bure backlash

I saw the picture....though I wouldn't have put it on social media, it was not a "Pearl Clutcher" for me!  

So many other things serious things going on....this caused me no angst.

Respected Contributor

I did not see the family picture so cannot comment on that but I did see the one where her husband was grabbing her breast. I found that one inappropriate if she wants to be a goody two shoes. It would also make young boys think it is okay to grab ladies breasts. 

Esteemed Contributor

It's because of what she represents. If she was Cardi B she would be praised. We all know the game by now.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

@Nancy Drew 1 wrote:

It's because of what she represents. If she was Cardi B she would be praised. We all know the game by now.

If she were Cardi B a lot more would have been showing in the photo. Candace was primly dressed. 

Honored Contributor

It seems to me since she has been in the public eye most of her life, the response shouldn't have surprised her. Maybe she was looking for some publicity.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

I didn't see the family photo, but some things just need to stay private.

The pic I did see with her husband was inappropriate, but didn't bother me as much as her defensive comments, where she seems completely subservient, and submissive to him.

'I'm his wife, he can touch me anytime and anywhere he wants to.'  Uh, NO!  He needs to show a little respect. I was disappointed in Candace's response. 

Honored Contributor

Maybe celebs should expect negative comments (as anyone posting here should know by now), but I think they or anyone have just as much right to voice their opinion about the negative comments.

Of course there are ways, and then there are ways, for all of us!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

@BlueFinch wrote:

I didn't see the family photo, but some things just need to stay private.

The pic I did see with her husband was inappropriate, but didn't bother me as much as her defensive comments, where she seems completely subservient, and submissive to him.

'I'm his wife, he can touch me anytime and anywhere he wants to.'  Uh, NO!  He needs to show a little respect. I was disappointed in Candace's response. 

I don't read it that way at all.  It doesn't sound like subservience; it just sounds like she's comfortable with it.  I'm not the touchy feely type, but if she's okay with it, I'm not going to fault her for it.  I haven't seen any of the pics, so have no opinion on the appropriateness of it.  I just know I have taken some inappropriate pics with friends before, and they were posted on soical media.  It was all in fun.  

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess Very good points!  I think she was saying it was all in fun and okay as a couple married for 24 years. But again, you post a pic like that on social media, not everyone will see it that way.