Respected Contributor

Re: Candace Cameron Bure and Lacey Chabert in Hallmark movies

Alicia Witt is another actress who's in a lot of these movies.

I don't mind Lacey Chabert but can't take her constant fake laughter.

I am enjoying watching all these Christmas movies right now.

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum
Respected Contributor

Lacey Chabert is OK, but I don't like Candace Cameron Bure. Can't stand Cameron Mathison - won't watch anything with him in it. 

Getting so tired of seeing the same stable of actors and actresses in these movies over and over and over again: Danica McKellar, Taylor Cole, Alicia Witt, Erin Krakow, Autumn Reeser, Lori Laughlin, Brennan Elliott, Daniel Lissing, Paul Greene, Jesse Metcalf, Peter Porte.

Some of these actors/actresses are decent, others are truly cringe-worthy.

I don't have a favorite actress, but I do have a favorite actor - Andrew Walker. I've seen all his movies and for the most part have enjoyed all of them. My favorites are A Bride For Christmas and Bridal Wave.

Image result for andrew walker a bride for christmas

Image result for andrew walker bridal wave

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I cannot stand Candace Cameron Bure! She is a terrible actor. I watech these movies for fluff and mindless entertainment but she annoys me so much that I cannot watch anything she is in. Anyone else I can just enjoy not thinking, but the characters she plays have just that something that’s like chalk on a blackboard to me.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Super Contributor

there is one with Alan thicke who wants to get married but the kids don't approve. Forgot what it's called. But he is a movie star in the movie who lives next door to the lead characters mom. Cute. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

There's nothing wrong with enjoying the occasional Hallmark movie for the lovely sttings, the somewhat tame scripts, the fact that everything works out 'as it should' and so on... But really, none of the above negates the fact that they really might come up with more than the same five pat scenarios upon which they base all their movies and they really need to come up with a wider array of actors... I think most of these movies are filmed in Canada and many of the actors are Canadian... Fine, but I feel certain some out of work actors would make the trip...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tique wrote:

@Veridoc wrote:

Girl named Holly has her heart broken and goes  home/winter resort/remote cabin in the woods to get over it. She meets Nick, who is committment shy/somehow related to Santa. Through the magic of Christmas they fall in love and live happily ever after.  The End.

Congratulations @Veridoc.   A few questions for you:

• How much did Hallmark pay you for this "original" idea?
  • When is it being televised?
  • Who are the actors playing Holly and Nick?

#1: If I had gotten paid for that I would be on a sunny beach somewhere, sipping on something, served by a really cute cabana boy instead of being here at home recovering from bronchitis.

#2: Check local listings

#3: Put the usual names in a hat and pick a winner.

Honored Contributor

For those of you complaining about the same actors in Hallmark movies, obviously you don't watch any TV series like Greys Anatomy or NCIS etc.

Basically the same actors every week.

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

For those of you complaining about the same actors in Hallmark movies, obviously you don't watch any TV series like Greys Anatomy or NCIS etc.

Basically the same actors every week.

@.  They don't play a different character each week.

Honored Contributor

My granddaughters like the Full House revisited or whatever it's called.  I don't mind watching that.  Haven't seen Candace in a Hallmark movie.  Her acting is as good as anyone else's.  She's very pretty, better looking as she gets older.

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

My granddaughters like the Full House revisited or whatever it's called.  I don't mind watching that.  Haven't seen Candace in a Hallmark movie.  Her acting is as good as anyone else's.  She's very pretty, better looking as she gets older.

so hard to believe she is 42 years old! she has aged so well. she really could still pass for someone in her 20s.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein