Esteemed Contributor

Re: Candace Cameron Bure and Lacey Chabert in Hallmark movies

@lmt

@lmt wrote:

Lacey Chabert is OK, but I don't like Candace Cameron Bure. Can't stand Cameron Mathison - won't watch anything with him in it. 

Getting so tired of seeing the same stable of actors and actresses in these movies over and over and over again: Danica McKellar, Taylor Cole, Alicia Witt, Erin Krakow, Autumn Reeser, Lori Laughlin, Brennan Elliott, Daniel Lissing, Paul Greene, Jesse Metcalf, Peter Porte.

Some of these actors/actresses are decent, others are truly cringe-worthy.

I don't have a favorite actress, but I do have a favorite actor - Andrew Walker. I've seen all his movies and for the most part have enjoyed all of them. My favorites are A Bride For Christmas and Bridal Wave.

Image result for andrew walker a bride for christmas

Image result for andrew walker bridal wave

@lmt I agree about Andrew Walker. I will watch anything and everything that

he is in. 

Esteemed Contributor

@threecees, me too 

Frequent Contributor

I watch them with my mom when she comes to visit us for a few weeks over the holidays.  They are mindless and cheesy but it is something we can both watch together. They will always  remind me of my mom and spending time with her.   

I can’t watch Candace Cameron Bure’s movies.   I do think she is a very charming and pleasant person and an excellent role model, however I find her acting just hard to watch.  

I don’t know if anyone is aware, but you can google “Hallmark Movie Drinking Game” and download a sheet with different scenarios that you watch for and can make a drinking game out of watching the movies.  You could also make it family oriented and drink pop or water I guess too!!  Or make it like one of those road trip bingo games!!!!

Honored Contributor

for those of you trying to avoid the "typical romance" style of christmas movie, here are two  that are on the schedule tonight that do NOT have that theme. if you cannot watch tonight, definitely look for them on another date. these happen to be ones i enjoy watching a few times......

A CHRISTMAS WISH (2011)

ANGEL IN THE FAMILY (2004)

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

My favorite is Katrina Law in Snow Bride...coming on in 35 minutes. She is also in 12 Gifts of Christmas. She is not in any new movies. Not a fan of Candice. I like Lacy but she is on way too much. Hallmark definitely needs to branch out.
Trusted Contributor

I enjoy the Hallmark movies but there are times when the acting is just not as good and I find myself dozing off.  I really enjoy Alicia Witt, she was funny in movie named Christmas List.  I do like Cameron in her mystery series and Lori also.  I enjoy mostly looking at the beautiful homes and how they are decorated for Christmas.  I think it is a nice getaway from the awful stuff that we hear nowadays.