Trusted Contributor

Re: Candace Cameron Bure and Lacey Chabert in Hallmark movies

@SeaMaiden  I like both actresses , they are just ok, not spectaclar. My issue is with hallmark and lifetime.  If you have seen one, basically you have seen them all. Same story lines, same dialogue, same horrible scripts and sometimes the acting is terrbile also. I hate knowing I am paying for these channels. 

Super Contributor

The UP channel has older hallmark movies! Some Ive never seen...weekends.  Love the movies, especially Paul Campbell!  And Kim sustead. 

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I think both of these actresses  plays a part in EVERY movie Hallmark makes.  Every part they play the same type of character...has no diversity at all in their acting ...gets old after awhile!  It is lke the same story...same actors over and over again. 

I wish Hallmark  would venture outside the box and get a fresh faces to be in their made for TV  movies.  

54D4C23C-8860-49A6-BF16-0397F26CB410-75423-000044B6CE61844F.jpeg

I so agree, this is why I do no watch.  After viewing a few I see almost the same people same type of story.  No minorities at all.  I guess there are audiences for these movies  or they would not make the Christmas movie season longer and longer.  I know the old movies from back in the day had no diversity but it is 2018!!!. Any way for people who enjoy the Hallmark Christmas movies enjoySmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Does anybody know when this 24 hours of movies thing is going to end on Hallmark?    I'm running out of 'Frasier' episodes.  Smiley Sad

No other channel on my cable currently plays Frasier.  But I keep a certain amount of episodes of this, and a couple other of my older favorites, on hand.

I just don't understand why they need to play them around the clock for weeks on end, but then I'm not a fan of Hallmark movies. (I used to think that LIfetime movies were bad, right?)  hehe  Smiley Very Happy

It ends afte New Years.  I taped some Golden GIrls.  I use to watch I Love Lucy in the mornings but their are movies on then as well.  I guess the only show that escaped is that Home show in the mornings.

Honored Contributor

I like both actresses. It would be nice if some older couples would be featured in the Hallmark movies. How about some 60 year olds who fall in love while their children disapprove?

Honored Contributor

And don't forget the ice skating when the girl falls down, the guy helps her get up, and they stare into each other's eyes for just a moment...I do watch the Hallmark mystery channel though....nor really too hard to figure out "whodunit" but it is clean, no foul language, and everyone keeps their clothes on...important to me when I have grandgirls around. I enjoy the gorgeous settings of all of the Hallmark movies...
Honored Contributor

@geegerbee wrote:

The other same old storyline goes like this. Girl moves away from a small town, becomes a successful person in NYC, has to go back because a parent is ill or a business is going downhill or it is Christmas. Girl goes back and falls in love with the only unattached male in town and they get married and stay in the small town.

And Cameron Matheson is getting way over marketed. He is not only on the Hallmark movies, The Home Show at 10am and Entertainment tonight. Is he hard up for money?

Cameron Matheson was chosen to take Mark Steines' place when Mark was abruptly fired (for calling out exec producer Woody Fraser for sexually harrassing at least 2 female producers.)

Honored Contributor

Find the movie Eat, Play, Love with Lee Majors & Lindsey Wagner,

I'm not sure if it's officially a Hallmark movie, but I've seen it on the Hallmark channel.

I love Hallmark movies.   

@AuntG wrote:

I like both actresses. It would be nice if some older couples would be featured in the Hallmark movies. How about some 60 year olds who fall in love while their children disapprove?

Super Contributor

Girl named Holly has her heart broken and goes  home/winter resort/remote cabin in the woods to get over it. She meets Nick, who is committment shy/somehow related to Santa. Through the magic of Christmas they fall in love and live happily ever after.  The End.

Honored Contributor

@Veridoc wrote:

Girl named Holly has her heart broken and goes  home/winter resort/remote cabin in the woods to get over it. She meets Nick, who is committment shy/somehow related to Santa. Through the magic of Christmas they fall in love and live happily ever after.  The End.

Congratulations @Veridoc.   A few questions for you:

• How much did Hallmark pay you for this "original" idea?
  • When is it being televised?
  • Who are the actors playing Holly and Nick?
April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.