Honored Contributor

Candace Cameron Bure and Lacey Chabert in Hallmark movies

I think both of these actresses  plays a part in EVERY movie Hallmark makes.  Every part they play the same type of character...has no diversity at all in their acting ...gets old after awhile!  It is lke the same story...same actors over and over again. 

I wish Hallmark  would venture outside the box and get a fresh faces to be in their made for TV  movies.  

54D4C23C-8860-49A6-BF16-0397F26CB410-75423-000044B6CE61844F.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Re: Candace Cameron Bure and Lacey Chabert in Hallmark movies

I'm really not a fan of either one of them.

Respected Contributor

I like them both, but I get tired of the same story line.  Boy meets girl, they walk away from each other or have a fight, or misunderstanding,  then they realize they are in love and voila they get back together.  But, I love the Hallmark channel movies anyway.

Esteemed Contributor

@luvmybeetle - and let's not forget the falling snow at the end of almost every movie.

Honored Contributor

Not a fan of Candace, but I love watching Lacey. Actually, all the sagas are about the same thing, girl meets boy, girl has problems, someone has a secret,yada, yada. That being said, I love the shows.

Honored Contributor

am watching one of candaces movies right now.....JOURNEY BACK TO CHRISTMAS. one of my favorites. it originally aired in 2016. not ALL of them are the typical holiday movie.....this one definitely is not.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Although I absolutely love most of the Hallmark movies I...

Although I absolutely love most of the Hallmark movies I agree that they use the same actresses and actors over and over again.   I watch both of the Hallmark channels and it is difficult to see someone playing a criminal on one of the H channels and then the next day  I'll watch a movie on the other H channel and I'll see the same person playing the kindly parent or grandparent.   When you see the same person used in every role it really takes something away from the enjoyment of the show.  

With all of the actors available, why can't Hallmark give us some variety?  

Honored Contributor

Are the actors mentioned here perhaps under contract to Hallmark to be cast in only Hallmark productions?

Honored Contributor

now onto a movie that neither of them are in......

A HEAVENLY CHRISTMAS

another one that is not a typical "boy meets girl" scenario, although there is romance involved. another PLUS.....shirley maclaine is in it. circa 2016.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

this year will mark the 7th holiday movie each for both candace and lacey......and they are known as the "queens of christmas."

https://ew.com/tv/2018/06/26/hallmark-christmas-movies-candace-cameron-bure-lacey-chabert/