Honored Contributor

Re: Cancelled TV shows that you miss.

@beach-mom wrote:

Like others here I miss American Dreams and Once and Again. I also miss 

The Middle, Friday Night Lights, Thirty Something, and Reunion, among many others. We never found out the unanswered question in Reunion, and it makes me mad when they don't let the writers give resolution!

I get upset when they cancel comedies with fantastic ensemble casts, because the "star" leaves for something better or to "go in another direction," like Mike and Molly and Superstore. 

A recent cancellation that really upset me is The Baker and the Beauty. I LOVED that show!

But my all time missed show that really upset me when it was cancelled is Homefront. 

Smiley Frustrated

OMgosh, @beach-mom NObody remembers this show-but me. Now you! LOVED it. Very authentic. I once read they cancelled it because the cars cost too much to find/buy!!!!

The Jewish guy, played by John Slattery, turned up on Mad Men.

Super Contributor

Longmire
Hawaii  5-0
X-Files

Jericho

Trusted Contributor

Stalker  it was on CBS. Dylan McDermott and Maggie Q starred in it. I thought it was a good show.  Sometimes networks do not give new shows a chance to build an audience. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MamaWick wrote:
Scorpion. Did Happy and Toby ever get pregnant? Did Cabe marry his girlfriend? 🤔

Scorpion is on the POP Channel on Sunday mornings. They run several episode back to back. I watched it this morning.

I think Happy and Toby get pregnant. I don't remember if Cabe married his girlfriend. I think he proposed, tho'. Walter and "the waitress" were a serious couple.

Honored Contributor

Somebody upthread mentioned the show "Las Vegas".  (Not 'Vegas' - that's a whole 'nother show)  This show ran from 2003 for five seasons.  I only discovered it, probably, last year when they ran the reruns on either TBS or the E! channel and fell in love with this show!   James Caan was great as were Josh Duhamel and James Lesure (both so handsome!) and so many others.

I actually haven't even seen the end yet, as I'm holding those last few episodes of Season 5 on one of my Tivos (I have the entire S01 on the other Tivo but I've seen those - will watch again as I forget everything anyway Smiley Happy).   It's like if I finish watching it will be gone.  (silly, I know)  But I also have read that it ended with a cliffhanger so that's a drag.    It was such a great show that had comedy, drama, intrigue, sexiness, and stuff that just breaks your heart (that one Christmas episode is a fav of mine).

Also, another show I love and am still bummed that it ended was "Rules of Engagement".   This was a sitcom with Patrick Warburton, David Spade, Oliver Hudson, and Adhir Kalyan.   Kalyan's 'Timmy' character was my fav but all the actors were great.  I'm also a Spade fan.    I actually still watch these episodes over and over and over, as part of my night time 'resting' period when I watch some of my fav sitcoms that have ended.

On that same vein of the nighttime viewing of reruns - "Scrubs" is another show I loved and still watch now that they are airing again on the IFC channel.  This show was hilarious and absolutely brilliant.  Some of the episodes are beyond amazing.  Season 9 was a whole different deal that, sadly, was not as great as the others.   I just keep watching it go from beginning to end and start over again.  Like Rules of Engagement, I just can't quit this show.

I really loved 'The Big Bang Theory', although I grew to abhor the Sheldon character.  Over all, however, it was a really good sitcom.

I also still love to watch "Frasier", all the episodes of which I've seen a zillion times.   Funny thing - my least favorite character of the show is Frasier.  As one might surmise, in terms of the Frasier and Sheldon characters of these two shows, I cannot stomach a narcissistic, obnoxious, annoying character.  Niles is my fav character of Frasier.

Those are the ones that come to mind right away.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Love Boat

Fantasy Island

Night Gallery

Lipstick Jungle

Still Standing

The Wonder Years

Pretty Little Liars

Big Little Lies

Good Witch

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@candyagain  At the end of the season (after which they were canceled), Happy and Toby were thinking about adoption.  Walter realized he also had feelings for the "neighbor" who was a scientist, and Paige realized it too...so.......

Scorpion was canceled before fans got any closure 😔

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Trusted Contributor

@MamaWick wrote:

@candyagain  At the end of the season (after which they were canceled), Happy and Toby were thinking about adoption.  Walter realized he also had feelings for the "neighbor" who was a scientist, and Paige realized it too...so.......

Scorpion was canceled before fans got any closure 😔

Thanks. I couldn't remember the last episode. I hate when the powers that be cancel a show and let loyal viewers up in the air. I watched the show when it originally aired but only catch it here and there now on Sunday mornings.

Another show that left viewers hanging was Las Vegas which a previous poster mentioned in this thread. I was stunned when the show ended with several serious cliff hangers after watching for many seasons.

Esteemed Contributor

@chickenbutt - I mentioned Las Vegas in my post.  I loved that show and have a few episodes saved to my DVR.  It did end with a cliffhanger due to a writers strike and NBC just cancelled it.  I wish they had at least had a two hour finale to wrap up the characters' storylines.  I remember that Christmas episode your mentioned (with the puppy), so sad.

@Judaline - I forgot to add Mad Men to my list.  Another favorite, but I did not like the ending,

Trusted Contributor

@lovesallanimals wrote:

So many, but some of them are:

Bless this Mess

The Prodigal Son

Nashville

Claws (I thought this was coming back for one more season)

Good Girls

Claws will be back December 26th!