Honored Contributor

Re: Cancelled TV shows that you miss.

@J Town Girl wrote:

@On It wrote:

"Bones" was my all-time favorite.

"West Wing"

"Law & Order" but it is coming back in some new version.

Bones was one of my favorites too.  I actually have almost all of the whole series on DVD that I purchased from Amazon.  

I just loved David Boreanaz.  I still love him on Seal Team.  He and Shemar Moore are my fantasy dream guys.   

@J Town Girl  I'm sure you've seen him in the Dido music video "White Flag".  Oh My Gosh......

Honored Contributor

The only show I can think that was cancelled and didn't just have a final season is Happily Divorced w/Fran Drescher.  I loved that show and couldn't believe the ratings were low enough to be dropped.

Respected Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

The only show I can think that was cancelled and didn't just have a final season is Happily Divorced w/Fran Drescher.  I loved that show and couldn't believe the ratings were low enough to be dropped.

That was such a good show.  I actually enjoyed Fran Drescher in that show better than "The Nanny".   

I read one of her books and in it she said the little Pomeranian that was in the show was her own dog in real life.  She wrote how difficult it was when he became so ill and she had to have him put to sleep. The touching way she wrote of his life and how much he meant to her had me in tears.  

Honored Contributor

nashville

reba

bluff city law

pure

rebel

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

Like others here I miss American Dreams and Once and Again. I also miss 

The Middle, Friday Night Lights, Thirty Something, and Reunion, among many others. We never found out the unanswered question in Reunion, and it makes me mad when they don't let the writers give resolution!

I get upset when they cancel comedies with fantastic ensemble casts, because the "star" leaves for something better or to "go in another direction," like Mike and Molly and Superstore. 

A recent cancellation that really upset me is The Baker and the Beauty. I LOVED that show!

But my all time missed show that really upset me when it was cancelled is Homefront. 

Smiley Frustrated

@beach-mom 

totally forgot about BEAUTY AND THE BAKER! i did really enjoy that! i was hoping it was going to get a second shot on DISNEY+.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

A recent cancellation that really upset me is The Baker and the Beauty. I LOVED that show!

Smiley Frustrated

@beach-mom 

totally forgot about BEAUTY AND THE BAKER! i did really enjoy that! i was hoping it was going to get a second shot on DISNEY+.

@sunshine45 - Disney + is a great idea! The cast tried everything to keep this show going. The sad thing is they had already filmed most of Season 2. ABC wouldn't even continue it at all - they were too busy figuring out which classic comedy they could remake next!  Smiley Mad

Such a shame. This was a great ensemble show!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Downton Abbey

West Wing 

Crossing Jordan 

Super Contributor

There are very few show that I watch on the regular broadcast channels. I prefer cable and on-demand programs.  However, I will always miss "Hannibal" and "Prodigal Son."

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

Smiley Frustrated

@beach-mom 

@sunshine45 - Disney + is a great idea! The cast tried everything to keep this show going. The sad thing is they had already filmed most of Season 2. ABC wouldn't even continue it at all - they were too busy figuring out which classic comedy they could remake next!  Smiley Mad

Such a shame. This was a great ensemble show!

@beach-mom 

oh wow.....i had no idea that they had already filmed most of season 2!