Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Can you name 2-3 movies from your teen years?

@qualitygal   Gone with the Wind returned to the big screen for a significant anniversary.  Patton and Mash were a double feature at the local theatre.

The Graduate.  Dr. Zhivago.  Dr. Doolittle.  

All these are from my high school years.

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Fast Times at Ridgemont High

Terminator (the first one)

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Super Contributor

So many but this stands out cause I was a Beatlemaniac "A Hard Days Night", Funny Girl, Sound of Music must have seen 50x.

Honored Contributor

West Side Story

Irma la Douce

The Pink Panther

I saw “Gone With the Wind” when I was in my second year or so of college. It had been shown as a limited engagement a few years before but I was busy with school activities and didn’t get to go then.

I think “Charley” was around about then too. A very lovely movie that offered unsuspected insights into the field I later entered as a profession.

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

Wait Until Dark

The Graduate

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Ann of a Thousand Days 

I absolutely hated Love Story 😜

@tansy 

No need to apologize.  After all, love means never having to say you're sorry. Woman Wink

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@tansy wrote:

Wait Until Dark

The Graduate

Butch Cassidy and qthe Sundance Kid

Ann of a Thousand Days 

@tansy 

No need to apologize.  After all, love means never having to say you're sorry. Woman Wink

I made some of my friends CRY when I expressed my OPINION about

”Love Story”! Not gonna lose myself any friends here, so I’m keepin’ my opinion TO MYSELF!!

Honored Contributor

@violann wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@tansy wrote:

Wait Until Dark

The Graduate

Butch Cassidy and qthe Sundance Kid

Ann of a Thousand Days 

@tansy 

I made some of my friends CRY when I expressed my OPINION about

”Love Story”! Not gonna lose myself any friends here, so I’m keepin’ my opinion TO MYSELF!!

@violann 

It's not one of my favorites, either, and it sounds like your opinion of it is similar to my opinion of Love Actually.  Which people seem to appreciate for some reason.

But I like The English Patient, so it all sort of evens out. Woman Wink

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Trusted Contributor

I saw the 1973 movie Sunshine on tv - with Cliff De Young and Christina Raines. She was a terminally ill wife and he was a folk musician. It had some sweet, beautiful music (My Sweet Lady) and was a sad story. Left an impression on my young mind. 

Trusted Contributor

In my English class was a poster hanging of Romeo and Juliet. Going to see that movie left me thinking about it for quite awhile, and then going into English class and staring at the poster added to it. I thought Olivia Hussey was so pretty and Leonard Whiting was handsome. Now as an adult, I see that movie much different. They didn’t have to die!