Honored Contributor

Re: Can we talk cutting TV shows?

@chessylady wrote:

@deepwaterdotter what research did you do to determine that news shows were not factual?

If possible, live, unedited CSPAN telecasts of the the actual event taking place or person(s) speaking.  

Esteemed Contributor

@tends2dogs. NBC, Sunday night, 8 central time

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Esteemed Contributor

@MamaWick wrote:

@tends2dogs. NBC, Sunday night, 8 central time

Thanks, @MamaWick , for taking the time respond!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

I'm on the verge of cutting "The Blacklist." The only reason I've been watching it is because of James Spader. Otherwise, the show keeps leading viewers on, Liz Keen is annoying, and the FBI is incompetent. Maybe I'll skip it and check a recap the next day to see if I missed anything important. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Don't watch much prime time TV these days.

Last night I watched the opening of Clarise, one of my Thurs. regulars, and after a few minutes decided I wasn't going to watch it anymore. The plot was getting so drawn out and boring I just gave up on it. My interest didn't even extend to the first commercial.

Mon. there is Debris, Thurs. Young Sheldon and Mom (very sad to see it end), and my Sat. night mysteries on PBS (Death in Paradise, and Vera). When Resident Alien comes back in the Fall I will continue to watch. 

I used to be a big fan of TCM but they changed and not for the better. Now they feel the need to lecture us at every opportunity so we don't miss the non-PC portions of movies from the 30s. 40s, etc. Yes, I know James Cagney shouldn't have squished the grapefruit into his mistresses face at breakfast..... but I am such an idiot I need it explaned to me....sheesh.....

Respected Contributor

I agree.  Maybe the writers will get the message when viewership declines. I used to love A Million Little Things but I will no longer be watching. 

Honored Contributor

I'm trying to recall the ones I've cut this year.  Lately, it seems like at the beginning of a calendar year I find myself bored with some shows.

I know that early this year I chopped Prodigal Son.    I was torn because I like the two main male actors, but I felt like it was going in circles a lot.  

Last year I really cut a lot of shows, inclulding the entire Walking Dead franchise.   Too much of the same thing, over and over and over.

I can watch something and, now and then, I will suddenly just get to the point where I cannot watch another minute and I delete the Pass and I'm out.

Esteemed Contributor

Yea,cutting out all shows, miniseries, and movies .

Trusted Contributor

@tends2dogs, you might want to watch the series on demand first since this Sunday is the last episode of the season. It hasn't been renewed yet, but they are hopeful.

Valued Contributor

Not missing any because I never tuned in...most is just trash or stupid or attempting to make us all really nicer folks.  And then they have shows to hand out awards for this nonsense and spew more holier than thou speeches.  I am just not interested.