Honored Contributor

Re: Can we talk cutting TV shows?

@geezerette wrote:

@debfau wrote:

@Stargazer77 wrote:

@software  Rebel has been cut by ABC.  They're only 5 episodes in.  Sorry a show you liked got cut.  That's always disappointing.  I'm still crossing my fingers for a SEAL Team renewal.  

I heard the other day that "Seal Team" is being moved over to Paramount + for next season.

I read it will be on CBS for a few episodes next season, then move to Paramount +.  Same with Clarice.  Although the deals still are being negotiated.

This seems to be the new thing.  Get people involved in a series on network TV, then move it to a premium channel that they have to pay you for to continue watching it.

I'm not biting.  Not only do I pay more than enough already, none of these shows is worth that hassle to me.  I've been debating whether or not to drop Seal Team anyway because it's lost its luster for me this past season.  Now the decision will be made for me.

A dangerous game because quite honestly, the networks aren't producing anything I'd pay to watch.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Oznell wrote:

You probably make a very accurate point, @stevieb , about them trying to pre-emptively absolve themselves of some kind of amorphous "guilt" for the content of films that were made more than half a century, or three quarters of a century ago.

I find I'm no longer patient with these craven corporations, these utter monuments to hypocrisy.   They do a complete disservice to the audience by assuming that we don't understand things that were wrong in the past.

Lectures begone, TCM, and show some courage and common sense--  I know what's in my heart, and I'll do others the favor of assuming their good will and good faith, as well.

Believe me @Oznell  I have absolutely no patience with all this apologist nonsense but as a society, we've allowed it to go too far and now we're stuck with it, only to see it continue to expand. Hoping that sanity will return at some point and that all forms of media will stop assuming they need to advise us of the difference between right and wrong, as though, I would add, they're somehow examples of probity or glowing bastions of integrity.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Networks are killings themselves for greed. I am never going to follow a show I used to get for free over to a streaming service otherwise I would of joined them already.

TCM is ridiculous. Yeah I know women couldn't vote, we fixed it. When you know better you do better. 
Oprah and Harry doing a mental health service show. How kind of them.......if you have Apple TV. I can't get that for free. Julia from Canada a licensed psychologist does wonderful work over on YouTube.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Super Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Oznell wrote:

You probably make a very accurate point, @stevieb , about them trying to pre-emptively absolve themselves of some kind of amorphous "guilt" for the content of films that were made more than half a century, or three quarters of a century ago.

I find I'm no longer patient with these craven corporations, these utter monuments to hypocrisy.   They do a complete disservice to the audience by assuming that we don't understand things that were wrong in the past.

Lectures begone, TCM, and show some courage and common sense--  I know what's in my heart, and I'll do others the favor of assuming their good will and good faith, as well.

Believe me @Oznell  I have absolutely no patience with all this apologist nonsense but as a society, we've allowed it to go too far and now we're stuck with it, only to see it continue to expand. Hoping that sanity will return at some point and that all forms of media will stop assuming they need to advise us of the difference between right and wrong, as though, I would add, they're somehow examples of probity or glowing bastions of integrity.

What is with TCM these days. There was an entire night devoted to actors named Robert, and entire night to large size people (I am a plus sized woman), and now an entire evening of war. I watch TCM less and less these days. New hosts (except for Eddie M.) are desperately needed. Don't pay extra as my extended cable includes it but if it went to an extra payment on top of the extended cable payment I would let it drop. On top of that are the lectures, lectures, pontificating, and more lectures. Give it a rest and go back to entertainment.