Trusted Contributor

Can we talk cutting TV shows?

I just cut two shows tonight.  Clarice and Rebel.  I've been fast forwarding through some of my more established shows recently, like New Amsterdam and A Million Little Things.  I know some posters here enjoy society's topical issues being woven into their shows' story lines.  And that some don't.  I'm in the latter category.  Some shows I like so much that I can overlook the weaving, like Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist.  Has anyone else cut any of their shows recently?  It's hard for me to cut a show that I've watched for so long, like Chicago Med.

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Honored Contributor

Re: Can we talk cutting TV shows?

I've never even heard of these shows. I'm not up on the latest. You can watch the channel with old movies, reruns of Law and Order on a number of channels. Many don't want today's problems on their tv shows. If everyone stops watching it will send a message that not everyone believes in the problems that are depicted on the shows. 

Honored Contributor

I cut news programs when I find I can no longer believe that what they are reporting is factual.

Honored Contributor

I watch the news to find out what's going on in the world.

I watch TV shows to be entertained, not to be educated or preached to about the latest issues Hollywood thinks is important.  I recently changed the chanel on a show I was watching in the middle of the show because I was so done with it.  Overtones?  No, they just slapped you in the face with it.  

Honored Contributor

I still like Clarice.  I never watched Rebel.  I, personally, am tired of so many shows now feeling like they have to have all the current social topics that we are experiencing in real life taking over them.  I watch shows to get away from the news and all that stuff for a bit.  It's getting really old!  As for This is Us and a Million Little Things, used to be a big fan, but am growing weary of both of them.  I also am thinking about ditching a couple of the 911 shows I've been watching.  Another show that I think could have been good but isn't is - Call Your Mother.  It's so cloying and fake.  Keira Sedgewick is so much better than this!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

@Stargazer77 wrote:

I just cut two shows tonight.  Clarice and Rebel.  I've been fast forwarding through some of my more established shows recently, like New Amsterdam and A Million Little Things.  I know some posters here enjoy society's topical issues being woven into their shows' story lines.  And that some don't.  I'm in the latter category.  Some shows I like so much that I can overlook the weaving, like Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist.  Has anyone else cut any of their shows recently?  It's hard for me to cut a show that I've watched for so long, like Chicago Med.

@Stargazer77  So refreshing to read I am not the only one.  I have cut New Amsterdam and This is Us.  I don't need to watch a weekly show usually meant for entertainment now with political/societal opinions woven in.  The first time I turned on New Amsterdam and it was two men rolling around in bed, that was it.  I don't need that image in my memory bank.  

I didn't realize that Zoey's was back on.  What night and network?  TIA

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

I don't watch a lot of TV on the networks, I'm often on Netflix

But I really am warming up to Rebel.

We need more Rebels in the world

I like the character development, the actors are great.

The current storylines are based on reality.

I cut The Good Doctor a few weeks ago.

Like the title says I expect to see Shaun front & center every episode

The reality portrayed in the storylines only affects maybe 10% of the population, not enough to hold my interest.  I can watch a documentary for that

Honored Contributor

I am really enjoying Rebel. New Amsterdam is starting to decline with me, Max is such a crusader now, more than he is a doctor. He is a male version of Rebel. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@deepwaterdotter what research did you do to determine that news shows were not factual?

Honored Contributor

@Stargazer77 

I stopped watching all prime time shows years ago for the same reason.

I'd rather watch old reruns on obscure channels, or the Science Channel.