Honored Contributor

Re: Can't take all the flashing lights at concerts even those on tv

The sound effects and lighting are as much a part of their presentation as the music.   I remember many years ago I wanted to see them in person until I saw a short video of their concert.  I'm now happy to just listen to my CD.

And there is no escaping the lights, etc.   Even sporting events.  Indoors or outdoors.

I was never much of a concert goer, decades before Covid I never liked being in crowds.

@lynnie61 wrote:

A couple years ago, pre Covid, we went to see Tran Siberian orchestra, which, I love.  We were in the third row.  The speakers were 10 feet from us. We ended up leaving. It was so darn loud, 

we all had a terrible headache 3-4 songs in.  

I guess my concert days are long over too.  Or at least no floor seating.  We were so excited for the “good seats” Sad.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Can't take all the flashing lights at concerts even those on tv

[ Edited ]

doo wop concert 060.JPG

I really miss going to concerts but my back can't take it anymore sitting that long in the seats. 

The last concert was IL Divo 10th row and luckily not a lot of people stand except at the very end.

Moody Blues before that and people will stand halfway thru which I hate. 

For the most part most of the bands I like are older so people are older and they like to sit more. lol

I did enjoy a Doo Wop concert and sat in the first row so no one in front of me yay!

doo wop concert 016.JPG

I love a good meet and greet!