Trusted Contributor

Can't find the Y&R thread so I have a few comments

Woman Surprised

I've been enjoying our show lately. I find the writers are beginning to allow some of our older characters more story lines, not like before, but at least we see them now and again!

I do not care for the Loch re-cast, but it makes it easier for me to despise him Smiley Very Happy I don't think he's someone who Victoria would ever be attracted to. Just my opinion. I also don't care for the Chance re-cast, he's just the complete opposite of the previous actor. Chance was swashbuckling, tall, handsome, looking and acting the part of an international G man. This new dude, nahhh. He doesn's seem too bright at all, and certainly not militaryesque. The way he dotes on Devon gives me the creeps. Woman Surprised

I give Jess Walton all the credit in the world as she returns to acting after the death of her spouse. I loved Jason Thompson yesterday as he heard about his nephew dying all the while being estranged from Jack, unbeknown to the Abbotts. I am not a fan of Jason Thompson (who inherited his role from the soap Adonis, Billy Miller HeartHeart), but he is a heck of a good actor. Yes, sometimes he is so obnoxious I want to slap him silly.

Getting the story of Keemo hopefully should be interesting. Peter Bergman definitely deserves a really good story now, He's way overdue, IMO.

ok, just wanted to add my $00.2 into the pot.

take good care, Lovlies, and we'll chat soon.

dee

Honored Contributor

Re: Can't find the Y&R thread so I have a few comments

@deedledeedeedle  I watched Y&R for many decades. I gave it up a few years ago...not sure why. I think I missed many episodes and when trying to keep up, I realized just watching on Friday was all I needed to see to catch on to the storylines. 

Then somehow I started to miss the Fri. shows and am now out of the loop. I can no longer follow that characters and many actors have changed. 

I tried to catch up during COVID when I stayed home more...no luck.

Esteemed Contributor

@deedledeedeedle 

It's listed as Young and Restless 2022.

@deedledeedeedle wrote:

Woman Surprised

I've been enjoying our show lately. I find the writers are beginning to allow some of our older characters more story lines, not like before, but at least we see them now and again!

I do not care for the Loch re-cast, but it makes it easier for me to despise him Smiley Very Happy I don't think he's someone who Victoria would ever be attracted to. Just my opinion. I also don't care for the Chance re-cast, he's just the complete opposite of the previous actor. Chance was swashbuckling, tall, handsome, looking and acting the part of an international G man. This new dude, nahhh. He doesn's seem too bright at all, and certainly not militaryesque. The way he dotes on Devon gives me the creeps. Woman Surprised

I give Jess Walton all the credit in the world as she returns to acting after the death of her spouse. I loved Jason Thompson yesterday as he heard about his nephew dying all the while being estranged from Jack, unbeknown to the Abbotts. I am not a fan of Jason Thompson (who inherited his role from the soap Adonis, Billy Miller HeartHeart), but he is a heck of a good actor. Yes, sometimes he is so obnoxious I want to slap him silly.

Getting the story of Keemo hopefully should be interesting. Peter Bergman definitely deserves a really good story now, He's way overdue, IMO.

ok, just wanted to add my $00.2 into the pot.

take good care, Lovlies, and we'll chat soon.

dee

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

March 2 episode was great when Victor told Locke what was going to happen. He's a powerhouse actor. I'm liking much of the show except the Baby Dom story. Just let that family be happy.

Honored Contributor

I like the new Ashton. He was on Guidling Light for many years and I liked him then too.  

I'm so tired of the baby Dom and Chance stories. ugh.

The question is if Keemo is really dead. They keep resurrecting people.

Respected Contributor

I agree the recast of Ashland Locke was unfortunate. I am repulsed by the thought of Victoria with this new guy. I suspect it will be short lived.

I am enjoying the Baby Dom storylines.  The initial idea of Devon being the donor was planned for emotional complications to follow. It will provide years of stories and allow for a new powerhouse force to emerge on the show. Dom has four billionaire pedigrees. What can possibly go wrong?

I have observed Eric Braeden does most of his scenes in a seated position. I hope he will remain in the cast as long as he is able. The show would not be the same without him.

Honored Contributor

My preference was the original Ashland, but I give his replacement credit for seamlessly joining the cast. It's still a good storyline. Something was mentioned on FB about casting A new Kyle and Summer which I'm opposed to.

Honored Contributor

Victor is still on  Y&R?  Smiley Surprised

The last time I watched it (during the 70's), there was this guy named Snapper going to med school to become a doctor?  He & family were poor living on the wrong side of the tracks. I forgot how Snapper could afford med school.

Snapper's mother cleaned this rich man's house.  She ended up marrying him.  I think his name was Mr. Brooks?

Mrs Chandler's much younger husband had an affair w/Snapper's slutty sister who ended up having his baby.  Baby's name is Phillip I believe the Chandler's raised him?  Mrs Chandler was the richest person in town.  I believe her much younger husband helped her run a business which he was good at.

I sort of remember Victor as some rich man Snapper's slutty sister was trying to seduce.  Don't remember if she ever married him or not.

The above is all I remember about that soap.  My SIL turned me on to it along w/All My Children while I was on maternity leave w/my first child. Smiley LOL

Any of the above characters still on there beside's Victor?

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Valued Contributor

I adore Robert Newman having watched the Guiding Light for many years. His coming to Y&R has brought me back to watching the show. Can Kim Zimmer be far behind?

Honored Contributor

@deedledeedeedle @Go up to top of TV and Movies.  I just posted on the March thread.