Respected Contributor

Can't believe it.....tennis TWO days next week!

Even though I get frustrated with my soaps (2), I miss them and hate when they put something else on......
Honored Contributor

Re: Can't believe it.....tennis TWO days next week!

I couldn't understand what a big deal all of this tennis was and then I saw Nightline the other night and they talked about what an unbelievable money maker the US Open is.

Can you believe it even beats out football (that's what Nightline said). It's hard to believe!

It went behind the 'curtain' so to speak and told about the players and showed them with their own hair stylists (getting hair and nails done (BEFORE) the match. I find that hard to believe (I've never seen so many bobbypins, etc in these girls hair, it always looked terrible)!

They showed all of the celebrity chefs there preparing the food and every movie and TV star you can imagine! They said it made unbelievable money for New York!

I think I might have had my mouth open with surprise when I watched the show! I still find it hard to believe it makes more money than football!

See if you can see a Nightline that was on last week!

I hate that stuff. I wonder if it will be on Channel 100 then. That's where they show the day's reruns. Wait! I'll see if I can find out.....be back!.....

Honored Contributor

Soaps she knows just said that Y&R is pre-empted on Monday. It talks about what happens on Tuesday, so maybe it is on on Tuesday.

She talked about some spoilers. I'll let someone else post them though. Not really earth shattering.

Respected Contributor

Well, I have Dish and all I did was arrow through the show directory for next week for Y&R and B&B because I like to read the little blurb about what's happening on that day's show.....it showed tennis on Monday and Friday.....hope it's wrong!

Honored Contributor

hula, I didn't read about Friday, maybe it isn't on on Friday. I am like you, I get sick of EVERYTHING interfering with Y&R and B&B.

The President talk, our shows goes off the air. The weather is boo boo....our show goes off the air.....you name it....our show goes off the air!

That stupid Julie Chen (The Talk) will never be off of the air (after B&B) because her husband runs channel nine (WUSA). I can't stand that show. The way the audience (all females) clap over and over and over. It drives me crazy! She says, "I went to the bathroom today"....audience clap clap! Ugh!

Often you can go to channel 100 and it always shows the reruns for those two shows that day.

OK, on channel 100 TVGN it is on at 6:30 B&B) and 7:00 Y&R) but not on Monday, so you won't miss anything, that means they're not showing it anywhere.

It isn't on on Friday either, so you won't miss anything on Friday. It stinks about the tennis junk, I agree.

Honored Contributor

Be sure to go to the CBS website and click on Feedback .... and tell them what you think!

Super Contributor

I HATE tennis and watching it on TV is just frustrating at best. And why do they show all of this during the day when everyone is at work - or in today's case off doing something with their families? Don't we have about 4,000 sports networks for that????

Respected Contributor

Hooray for tennis! y & r has become dreadful and you can miss a couple of days and not much has happened, so no loss.

Respected Contributor

Love tennis!!!!! Classy people, noble game, great crowd! Definitely not a sport of wife beaters and dog hangers!
Valued Contributor

I feel the same way about football. Can't record network shows on Sunday because you never know when they'll be on. There seems to be enough sports networks to keep it off the regular networks.