Honored Contributor

Re: Can 't Watch Sag Awards tonite

Obviously it isn't on network TV because it wasn't profitable.  Too few viewers.  I might have watched if I knew it was coming on.  Just to see the fashions.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's never been shown on a major broadcast network.  So, you have no idea what the viewership numbers would be. 

Personally,  I think they would surpass the Oscars and The Golden Globes.

Obvious?  Not at all.

Esteemed Contributor

I tried using the link posted above and it didn’t work for me. I tried going I to YouTube directly and that didn’t work either. I didn’t bother trying to figure out what was wrong. But, I just read something and seemed like it was a good show BECAUSE it was in streaming. No commercials, some naughty language and no orchestra cutting people off. Also read that the in memorial was excellent. I personally have had issue with that for the last several years, as the cameras pan away from the screen and focus on something else. So, sounds like it was overall a decent show. (And happy with some of the winners too!)
Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Obviously it isn't on network TV because it wasn't profitable.  Too few viewers.  I might have watched if I knew it was coming on.  Just to see the fashions.  

@chrystaltree 

I found it on YouTube and was planning to watch because I'd always liked the SAGs.

But over the years I've stopped tuning into the awards shows and, after a few speeches, I turned it off and did something else last night.

For fun, I posted some of the Red Carpet looks on the Fashion forum if you want to see them.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Alter Ego wrote:
I tried using the link posted above and it didn’t work for me. I tried going I to YouTube directly and that didn’t work either. I didn’t bother trying to figure out what was wrong. But, I just read something and seemed like it was a good show BECAUSE it was in streaming. No commercials, some naughty language and no orchestra cutting people off. Also read that the in memorial was excellent. I personally have had issue with that for the last several years, as the cameras pan away from the screen and focus on something else. So, sounds like it was overall a decent show. (And happy with some of the winners too!)

The no commercials and the ability to use naughty language (within reason anyway) might be pluses, but some of those people need an orchestra to play them off...

Some winners were expected, some were predictable, others were real head shakers...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Alter Ego wrote:

The no commercials and the ability to use naughty language (within reason anyway) might be pluses, but some of those people need an orchestra to play them off...

Some winners were expected, some were predictable, others were real head shakers...

@stevieb 

I just can't watch awards shows anymore, but I've been paying attention this year because I have a soft spot for The Banshees of Inisherin.

Its actors were robbed last night.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

I am glad this was posted. I did not know it was going to be on. I just put SAG awards in my free You Tube search and it popped up - already started.I clicked on to the voice assisted one first and thought I had mistakenly hit that in my tv settings --which I have done before- then realized there were 2 offerings. I enjoyed this more than many award shows recently. Loved most of the fashions. I like that the award recieved is called 'the actor'.

I thought Sam Elliot's acceptance speech was nicely put together and to the point. I loved the portion with Sally Field . 

Actors are frequently made fun of and mocked ,but we always appreciate the good ones. It is a craft when done well is worthy  of praise.

Esteemed Contributor

I watched it on YouTube for free. It was a great show, better than a lot of other award shows I've seen in awhile.