Honored Contributor

Re: Can anyone suggest a Thanksgiving movie

[ Edited ]

It's not really a thanksgiving movie but we watch "Meet me in St. Louis" with Judy Garland or "The Quiet Man" with John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara. You are such a kind and thoughtful neighbor and friend. I hope you both enjoy the day!

Honored Contributor

just started watching A DAY FOR THANKS ON WALTONS MOUNTAIN on the hallmark drama channel.....circa 1982.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Also, any Jane Austen movie. I'm watching Emma right now. There is one that came out in 2020 and an older one with Gwenyth Paltrow, and one from PBS I think. 

Valued Contributor

Meet Me In St. Louis is on Movies! Channel Thursday at 12:45 ET/11:45 CT.

Honored Contributor

Next time your at Walmart buy that Chevy Chase movie National Lampoon

Christmas in the title I'll find the real title here in a minute. It's in the bargain bin now. I bought it yrs. ago.  That's a goodie. No trashy language, etc.

2104339fMPmpcZI.gif

Honored Contributor

National Lampoon's christmas vacation is what it'

s called. Chevy Chase and Bevery De Angelo are the main stars.  Funny !

1#aj.gif

Respected Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

National Lampoon's christmas vacation is what it'

s called. Chevy Chase and Bevery De Angelo are the main stars.  Funny !

1#aj.gif

@SharkE ....If anyone has the AMC channel, this movie is on tonight from 7-9:15, PM..EST and on again back to back at 9:15 pm to 11:30 pm, EST.

Respected Contributor

Thank you all! I should have mentioned I get Amazon and Netflix and TCM. We watched both episodes of "Christmas Chronicles."

I liked it, my neighbor loved it. 

It is truly a family movie; hard to come by these days.

I wasn't doing my neighbor a favor; I would have spent Thanksgiving alone. She is a dear friend.

Tonight is 'Movie Night.' The three people in my bubble; all high risk and retired come over for a movie. I provide soda and popcorn. Someone else brings cookies.

My three friends either have no TV or limited TV. This started on 8/8 and is still going. Everyone gets a pick.

I try to keep it light. Tonight's choice is ''Back to the Future." I'll be taking requests for Xmas movies.