Honored Contributor

Can Food Network IMO get worse?

What's happened to the cooking shows?  I won't pay for streaming so I guess I'm stuck with shows like:

Minifood challenge

Raid the Fridge

Alex vs America 

Michael Simon Throwdown

Worse Cooks in America (which is so staged it ridiculous IMO no one can be this stupid)

& more reality tv besides

hours of Guy Fieri re-runs🙄.  

Although, I enjoy the kids baking ...

Honored Contributor

Re: Can Food Network IMO get worse?

@homedecor1 wrote:

What's happened to the cooking shows?  I won't pay for streaming so I guess I'm stuck with shows like:

Minifood challenge

Raid the Fridge

Alex vs America 

Michael Simon Throwdown

Worse Cooks in America (which is so staged it ridiculous IMO no one can be this stupid)

Remember Sandra Lee almost homemade, that show was so nice to watch, I also enjoyed Ina, Rachael Ray 30 minute meals, Food network used to have a pretty good lineup

Respected Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@homedecor1 wrote:

Minifood challenge

Raid the Fridge

Alex vs America 

Michael Simon Throwdown

Remember Sandra Lee almost homemade, that show was so nice to watch, I also enjoyed Ina, Rachael Ray 30 minute meals, Food network used to have a pretty good lineup

@homedecor1 @sunshine 919 

And Alton Brown.  The good days with cooking shows where you could learn something and less frenzied.

Honored Contributor

agree have not watched in years

haven't cooked much in years either :-)

Honored Contributor

It really be called: The Food Network Game Show Challenge.  It is really awful AND I would like to see normal food!!!!

And there was no one left to speak out for me....
Honored Contributor

Hubbs calls it the  Food Sports channel.

And there was no one left to speak out for me....
Honored Contributor

even though I rarely cook for more than myself, I used to watch many of the cooking shows, but no longer.  the more challenge shows on many networks, the more I turn to my library for entertainment.

Honored Contributor

I think a plant based show would be an upgrade.  I watched a "vegetarian" show, but it was consistently including eggs, cheese, and dairy.  Fortunately, I know how to substitute for these items so I could work around it.

Plant based is so popular, I think a dedicated program would be popular.  We eat very simply and rarely use recipes, but there is a growing number of people interested in this lifestyle that might be interested in learning new recipes that meet their chosen lifestyle.

Honored Contributor

I only watch or record on Sat. and Sun. morning . These are the times the real cooking shows are aired. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

Agree! I've switched to Create to get any decent cooking techniques. I dislike any of the competition shows.