Respected Contributor

Re: Can Food Network IMO get worse?

I like the Pioneer Woman's personality but I don't like to watch her.  A friend of mine told me she (the friend) has an extra wrinkle on one side of her face because she has a dimple on that side of her face and she likes to emphasize it so she makes that Ree Drummond face when she talks (like you're smiling with your mouth closed and trying to exercise your neck muscles at the same time) because it makes the dimple more pronounced.  She likes showing off her dimple.  When I look at the Pioneer Woman talk, it's like she's doing that the whole time.  Yes, it's something goofy, but it bugs me so I tune out.  

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I only watch or record on Sat. and Sun. morning . These are the times the real cooking shows are aired. 

So true.

Weekend mornings have the ones that aren't contests, shows like Barefoot Contessa, Giada, Delicious Miss Brown. Girl Meets Farm is sweet.

Not everything has to be a contest. Actually, very little needs to be a contest.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Before Food Network:

Does anyone remember The Galloping Gourmet (Graham Kerr)?

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

Before Food Network:

Does anyone remember The Galloping Gourmet (Graham Kerr)?

Yes, he was very good!  His was one of the original cooking shows on TV, along with Julia Child.  I don't know why he was "galloping" but be that as it may.

Today the best cooking shows are on PBS.  Our local PBS channel has quite a few on weekends.  And Create TV has cooking shows all during the week.  It's a PBS subchannel but unfortunately not all PBS stations carry it.

Valued Contributor

I don't know if anybody's been watching the kids baking championship but I'm wondering why The little boy got through twice when he's so very rude and in the bottom for two weeks in a row why wasn't he eliminated. Related to someone?

Trusted Contributor

Can't remember when I last watched this channel...occasionally I will turn on Ree Drummond but that's about it. Used to enjoy Trisha Yearwood's show but haven't watched in awhile. The contests and challenges are just stupid. Would love to see some actual cooking shows, where an actual chef demonstrates how to make a dish. 

Super Contributor

Like every time I check, it is Guys Grocery Games!! I miss the old days like $40 a day with Rachel Ray, Emeril, Next Food Star, etc! I miss variety when I’m home relaxing....
Respected Contributor

@KACEE1115 wrote:

I don't know if anybody's been watching the kids baking championship but I'm wondering why The little boy got through twice when he's so very rude and in the bottom for two weeks in a row why wasn't he eliminated. Related to someone?

@KACEE1115 

Benjamin is rude and obnoxious and he needs to go next.  No idea why he didn't get eliminated the first two times he was on the bottom.  I wonder if he's on there for the "drama" factor even though I don't recall any other kids in previous seasons (I've seen them all) that were so defiant and rude. 

Honored Contributor

Plant based is a fad.  Who can stick to this unless they have some medical problem.

Valued Contributor

@SWEET wasn't fair, Especially the second week he was on the bottom, he should have gone home. That butterfly cake he made looked repulsive like anyone could put a bite of that in their mouth. And then failing the second week, and the rudeness. Let's see if he's on the bottom this week