Trusted Contributor

Re: Cameron Mathison

[ Edited ]

Kidney cancer in itself is not bad - in fact highly treatable.  The issue seems to be it spreads to other organs.  I know personally know several people who have had no issues with the Kidney removal HOWEVER a couple did have a recurrence with the cancer spreading.

One of my Brothers passed away 6 years ago after his Kidney cancer moved onto his lungs and brain.

Honored Contributor

He is going to be on GMA this morning.

Respected Contributor

@sktchy, so very sorry for your loss.

Honored Contributor

I hope and pray that he has a full recovery! He seems like such a nice man.

Respected Contributor

my father lived many years after having a kidney removed due to cancer. and he died of a heart attack having had no problems with his remaining kidney.  thank goodness we have two!  with any luck CM will be around for many years to come!

Honored Contributor

My grandson had a Wilms Tumor when he was 5, and they ended up having to remove his kidney, because the tumor was so aggressively wrapped around his kidney. He had to go through chemo and radiation but now at 11 he is doing great!!!! 

He also was nominated for the Make A Wish  Foundation and he and my daughter and her husband got a trip to Disney after he was finished with his treatments.......He is very healthy right now, and the doctor said they caught it early. So hopefully that is the case with Cameron.....

Trusted Contributor

Wishing him all the best.

Trusted Contributor

He is actually one of 2 favorite actors in Hallmark Channel movies and anything else he does.

I found it amazing that he had a charisma with every one of the female leads in any movie I watched.  Of course, he is a great guy and that may be part of it.  To me this makes him a really great actor.  Have seen too many movies on Hallmark where I feel there is no connection between the stars.

I was actually in tears when I heard about his condition.  May the good lord grant him a full recovery.

Love you Cameron.

Trusted Contributor

@catter70 wrote:

@sktchy, so very sorry for your loss.

Thank You - I had another Brother pass away June 30th of this year.  2019 started out bad for him with diabetes and the amputation of his leg below the knee.  We THOUGHT he was doing great.  He was a star physical therapy patient - his PT was impressed.  But mentally he was doing poorly.  

Both my parents are alive.  There is only my younger Brother and myself left.  My Dad is in disbelief.  

Trusted Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

Definite prayers for Cameron and his family.  I My brother has fought to stay ahead of kidney cancer for several years; it’s a tough battle.   

All you can do is pray and hope your Brothers Doctors are on top of things.  The destruction he suffered was unreal. 

Prayers for your Family for strength.