Honored Contributor

Re: Cameron Diaz announces birth of baby girl

@disneynut57   My mother gave birth almost 60 years ago at this age.  No IVF back then.

My mother got her monthly until she was 61.

It is not impossible, but Cameron was having fertility problems, so it could be.

Super Contributor

Cameron was pregnant and gave birth. She did do IVF.

Respected Contributor

@kelshar wrote:

Cameron was pregnant and gave birth. She did do IVF.

Could you point me to this information? She was pictured in November wearing tight jeans. No baby bump. Someone posted the pic on this thread.

Would love to see the information you have.

Honored Contributor

Well, I guess they can afford to hire nannys, so more power to them.

I get a lot of magazines and for a long time now she's been (for a celebrity anyway) out of the public eye.  There were pictures here and there but she'd not been in anything new in quite sometime.  She even 'announce' she was removing herself from public eye...so to speak.

My guess is she was trying to get pregnant probably and finally decided it wasn't going to happen so went the surrogate route.

I know someone who's niece lived next door to a person who carried a baby (2 I believe) for a very famous person.

This person's husband is in the military and they admit they did it totally for the money.

The military doesn't make much money, so.....

My own niece carried twins for a friend.  No money exchanged hands in her case.  She did it totally as a gesture for the friend.

I wish all of them luck.  None of us can judge another because each person is different.

I'm sure that baby will get everything she ever wanted and will grow up with love.  That's what's most important.

I do think that seems like a strange name but to each his own...in my day (the 60's) people were naming their kids 'rainbow' and moon something...whatever.

Respected Contributor

So happy for both of them!  She retired and has not been in a movie since 2014.  She has kept a very low, private profile since she married.  More power to her!  It's absolutely disgusting and horrid regarding the "opinions" and speculation regarding her pregnancy.  She apparently does not have diarrhea of the mouth.  It's no one's business.

Why not rejoice in the arrival of their child that was very important to them and rejoice in their happiness!

Respected Contributor

@Somertime wrote:

So happy for both of them!  She retired and has not been in a movie since 2014.  She has kept a very low, private profile since she married.  More power to her!  It's absolutely disgusting and horrid regarding the "opinions" and speculation regarding her pregnancy.  She apparently does not have diarrhea of the mouth.  It's no one's business.

Why not rejoice in the arrival of their child that was very important to them and rejoice in their happiness!

And posting photos speculating on whether or not she actually carried a child. She was wise to retire from show business.
“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Esteemed Contributor

The couple made an announcement. A new decade a new baby. We do not know anything about the birth of Raddix. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I enjoyed her role in There's Something About Mary. That movie is hilarious!

Honored Contributor

Just because she didn't look pregnant in November doesn't mean she wasn't pregnant. The couple just announced the birth of their baby like January 3. For all we know they have kept the secret under wraps for two or three months.

Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 

Thank you!  She certainly is able to afford 24/7 help.

I was 20 when our first baby was born; we had 0 help not even family members.  We lived about 15 hours away by car from our parents and extended family. No one came to help out,so the majority of caring for the baby was on me in addition to the usual household duties.  I was exhausted!  I can't imagine doing it at 47!  She's fortunate she can hire people to help.