Honored Contributor

Re: Cameron Diaz announces birth of baby girl

@this is my nic  You are right about being exhausted.  New babies wake up at all hours and you need to feed them.  Most of the Hollywood people have plenty of money to hire help.  It's funny how women were brought up when I was growing up (I am 70).  I had to clean our home, my brothers only had to take out the trash, it was expected that you would marry.  Yes, all the chores were on the woman.  Hopefully, mothers today teach their sons to do chores, cook, laundry like their sister.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I quit work when my first daughter was born.  She’s now almost 47.  I never went back to work.

My late husband got up and fed all of our girls from the time they came home.

I didn’t like loosing sleep and it was a chance for him to bond with them.

I took care of my girls during the day.

When my oldest daughter had our first grand baby; her husband was in the navy...out to sea.

She stayed with us for several weeks.  She breastfed the babies.  My husband got up with her and kept her company when she wanted him to.

He loved babies.  He was an amazing man.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66

Awe, Annnabelle. Now you did it. 😢💕 I love the way you talk about your DH. I can feel the love and the bond you had, that continues even now. I’m feeling sentimental tonight, I suppose. DH has had 2 strokes in the past year and it’s such a reminder to never take your loved ones for granted. Bless you , Annabelle. Your DH sounds like he was a wonderful man.
Esteemed Contributor

I just read that the baby's full name is. . .

Raddix Chloe Wildflower Madden

🌸