Honored Contributor

Need something a little milder than some of the movies I've chosen lately, and need to finish up on season 8  anyway.  Wonder if this is the end of it?

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal   I believe I read that BBC is extending the series into 2022.

It will be interesting to see the timeline move into the late 60's.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

This season is set in 1965.  I wonder what they'll do if Nonnatus House is razed.

Honored Contributor

Is this show still based on fact? I know the author lived it, right? And these are her memoirs? I think I read that they had to change things now and then to make the show more interesting. I'm just wondering how many stories she has/had in her? Just like the Corfu thingHeart I wondered how many stories are the real thing or improvised or what. They both started out based on the book-just hope they both continue, real or made up!

Respected Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

Is this show still based on fact? I know the author lived it, right? And these are her memoirs? I think I read that they had to change things now and then to make the show more interesting. I'm just wondering how many stories she has/had in her? Just like the Corfu thingHeart I wondered how many stories are the real thing or improvised or what. They both started out based on the book-just hope they both continue, real or made up!

@JudalineThis series was based on a memoir of one of the nurses.  But, the character that the memoir was based on left the series in the 2nd or 3rd season if I remember correctly.  I'm assuming some of this is loosely based on facts.

Honored Contributor

@Travone wrote:

@Judaline wrote:

@JudalineThis series was based on a memoir of one of the nurses.  But, the character that the memoir was based on left the series in the 2nd or 3rd season if I remember correctly.  I'm assuming some of this is loosely based on facts.

Yes, I believe she left to work with the elderly.

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

Is this show still based on fact? I know the author lived it, right? And these are her memoirs? I think I read that they had to change things now and then to make the show more interesting. I'm just wondering how many stories she has/had in her? Just like the Corfu thing:heart: I wondered how many stories are the real thing or improvised or what. They both started out based on the book-just hope they both continue, real or made up!

@Judaline 

Last season was the final season for The Durells of Corfu.  

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@Judaline wrote:

Is this show still based on fact? I know the author lived it, right? And these are her memoirs? I think I read that they had to change things now and then to make the show more interesting. I'm just wondering how many stories she has/had in her? Just like the Corfu thing:heart: I wondered how many stories are the real thing or improvised or what. They both started out based on the book-just hope they both continue, real or made up!

@Judaline 

Last season was the final season for The Durells of Corfu.  

Awww.......