Image may contain: 7 people, people smiling

Trusted Contributor

Re: Call the Midwife Christmas Special

Finally! I so love this show. 

Honored Contributor

@DukeBlueNan wrote:

Finally! I so love this show. 

@DukeBlueNan, Me too, and I cannot wait!

Honored Contributor

Thank you for the notice!  We watched last year's Christmas special but, frankly, some of us were too tired from the day's activities and fell asleep.  I'd rather it aired another day.  Here's a plot summary (from radiotimes):

"The arrival of Sister Mildred (Miriam Margolyes) at Nonnatus House comes with another surprise – as she brings with her four Chinese orphans.

The child refugees who accompany her had fled China and were found abandoned in Hong Kong. They are being adopted in the UK as part of the World Refugee Project, and their unexpected visit to Poplar brings joy and chaos in equal measure.

As the BBC has revealed, “the Christmas special also sees Trixie return to Poplar just in time to cover for the Sisters as they leave for the Mother House. The Order’s Mother Superior has been taken ill and a new spiritual leader needs to be elected. It soon becomes clear, much to Sister Julienne’s horror, that she is the favoured candidate to take over…

Showrunner Heidi Thomas said, “I love this year’s Christmas special, it feels absolutely part of what we’re about. I know lots of families look forward to it at Christmas and they won’t be disappointed.”

Valued Contributor

I love this show but so wish it was not on Christmas. Even Christmas Eve would be better.  I'll record it and probably watch after the holidays are over.

Respected Contributor

I hope everyone knows many past seasons are on Netflix or Amazon.  Sorry, I can never recall what is on which!

Honored Contributor

Think you'll find it on Netflix

Honored Contributor

@Jannyg wrote:

I love this show but so wish it was not on Christmas. Even Christmas Eve would be better.  I'll record it and probably watch after the holidays are over.

I love it being on Christmas night, not everyone has huge celebrations at Christmas, Hallmark Christmas, or Norman Rockwell Christmas!

Honored Contributor

@Hooty  Thank you for posting this.   Woman Happy

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@Hooty   I appreciate that you've posted this schedule.  I so enjoy this series.  I will be sure to watch it.