Valued Contributor

*** Call The Midwife Cast ***

9ACD162F-9DC6-43C2-AF64-9638A795AB91.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Re: *** Call The Midwife Cast ***

[ Edited ]

I recognize the Doctor (looking younger than on the show) and his 'wife' (without her glasses) and Reggie the boy that came to live with them? And the guy in the middle I guess is Reggie's father maybe? Not sure Oh, and the  man who speaks with an accent. Was he Jamaican or something? Memory fails!  Can't wait to watch again.

Valued Contributor

@Judaline  That fellow next to Reggie is the minister who is married to one of the midwives.  The man in the center is the caretaker of Nonnatus House and is Reggie's adopted father. 

Respected Contributor

Thanks for sharing that photo.  (The doctor's wife looks so thin.)  It's a wonderful show.  I think it could have been awful, but they pull no punches in presenting life as it was then. Thalidomide, unwanted pregnances, spousal abuse and more.

Honored Contributor

@Toots711 wrote:

@Judaline  That fellow next to Reggie is the minister who is married to one of the midwives.  The man in the center is the caretaker of Nonnatus House and is Reggie's adopted father. 

Right, that's what I thought. I couldn't think of what Reggie's father should be called-I knew he wasn't his father. And yeah, the other guy is the minister Cyril-couldn't remember-married to the midwife Lucille. I like the older nurse Phyllis.

Honored Contributor

Thank you for the photo.  The Holiday Special will air 12/25/2022 and the new season on PBS starts Sunday 3/19/2023 at 8:00 pm Eastern.