Esteemed Contributor

Re: Caitlyn Jenner had reassignment surgery

@I like celery wrote:

@VanSleepy wrote:

Yes, in the first interview she said she would not have the surgery because she was attracted to women and wanted to still have sex with women.  

What I remember from Caitlyn's first interview was that the final surgery was something much further "down the road" from where she was at in that moment, and she wasn't really sure what she may do.  I don't recall Caitlyn stating the reason she would not have the final surgery was due to still being attracted to women.  I do recall her stating she was still attracted to women, but I don't recall her giving that as a reason for why she wouldn't have the final surgery.

Perhaps this has already been mentioned, but she DID have the final transition surgery this past January.

Respected Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@I like celery wrote:

@VanSleepy wrote:

Yes, in the first interview she said she would not have the surgery because she was attracted to women and wanted to still have sex with women.  

What I remember from Caitlyn's first interview was that the final surgery was something much further "down the road" from where she was at in that moment, and she wasn't really sure what she may do.  I don't recall Caitlyn stating the reason she would not have the final surgery was due to still being attracted to women.  I do recall her stating she was still attracted to women, but I don't recall her giving that as a reason for why she wouldn't have the final surgery.

Perhaps this has already been mentioned, but she DID have the final transition surgery this past January.

@RainCityWoman  Yes, I know.  I was replying to the poster's statement, which referred to the FIRST Diane Sawyer interview one year ago.  In THAT first interview, Caitlyn stated she wasn't really sure if she would have the final surgery, and that it wasn't something she was dealing with in that moment (which was one year ago).  The poster stated Caitlyn mentioned she would not have the final surgery, due to still being attracting to women, but that is not what Caitlyn stated. Caitlyn did say she was still attracted to women, but it was separate from her statement about not yet knowing if she would have the final surgery.  That is what I was replying to.

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

@truffle wrote:

I think that is wonderful for her.  She is happy now.  

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/caitlyn-jenner-reveals-shes-gender-reassignment-surgery-new-memoir-1...

@trufflei agree that it is wonderful.

i hope with each passing day she is able to find more peace and more satisfaction with her life. i also hope that she receives a lifetime of suppport from her family and friends.

What I DO NOT find wonderful is the hurt that has been visited on her children and the women she married.  How can someone do this to their children?

I will always think of Caitlyn as Bruce Jenner.  I don't mean this in any unkind way.  But I believe this is a complex mental illness and mutilation of a healthy body.  People who think this way wreak HAVOC on all around them.  I don't find life to be all about just ourselves.  This is far from settled "science."  Every cell in Bruce/Caitlyn's body says MALE.  DNA doesn't lie or change.

Hyacinth

Esteemed Contributor

Being transgendered is NOT a mental illness.

The psychiatric communtity doesn't classify it as a mental illness.

And being transgendered is no more of a mental illness, than being gay is a mental illness.

The brain is hardwired in the uterus to be female, while the body is male, or vice versa.

I saw the interview and if Caitlin's kids say that they accept her, and are happy with her and for her, then who am I or anybody to question that?

I am going to take them at their word.

If people would only take the time to get to know a transgendered person and to really listen to their story, they just might come away being surprised at just how normal they really are.

I will ALWAYS stand up for the LGBT community!