Honored Contributor

Re: Caitlyn Jenner Will Be Interviewed by Tucker Carlson On Monday...

[ Edited ]

This has just got to be the most difficult development for all family members concerned.  If I imagine what it would be like to be in the position of any of Caitlyn's ex-wives or children, I think I would, at first, be wounded that there was a dishonest relationship going on when I was with that person.  However, I hope that after stewing and thinking and stewing some more, I would accept this person.  If he were still my husband at the time of transition, who knows what I might feel?  If we were true soulmates and I appreciated this person's core values -- and this person did not want to move on with another mate of any sex -- and I knew I was not into any sort of "converted" sex (I don't know how else to phrase this) -- I don't know what I'd do.  It would be a torturous decision to make.

And the children, they have to make peace with their father/new mother because they probably love onetime him/now her.  What else can they do?  Would they prefer he remained their dad?  Probably so, but they would want him to live, at last, the way he believes he should have lived his entire life.  Like someone else, I remember this guy fondly as the handsome Olympian.  We've all come a long way, baby, since those days.  Life is challenging.  What convinced me of the biological base of this need for change was the segment on the show that explained the identical twins who transitioned.  Even those who grew up in separate homes.  I don't know.      

[ETA: The "show" I'm referring to in my post is Diane Sawyer's interview on "20/20."]

Honored Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@AuntG  Of course they're going to say they accept HER - whether they do or not.

Can you imagine the uproar if one of them honestly said they had a problem with it, or couldn't accept that their Dad was now their Mom ----- they would be SLAUGHTERED on social media.

I don't think any of us know their true feelings.

@YorkieonmyPillow    @AuntG

I don't think they are lying.   This family is pretty "out there" with everything else, so why would they start being secretive now?  

As with any non-famous family dealing with this transition, if there are emotional struggles, the logical thing to do is for those affected to spend a few sessions with a therapist and sort things out.   Doesn't that make sense to you?

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@AuntG  Of course they're going to say they accept HER - whether they do or not.

Can you imagine the uproar if one of them honestly said they had a problem with it, or couldn't accept that their Dad was now their Mom ----- they would be SLAUGHTERED on social media.

@YorkieonmyPillow    @AuntG

I don't think they are lying.   This family is pretty "out there" with everything else, so why would they start being secretive now?  

As with any non-famous family dealing with this transition, if there are emotional struggles, the logical thing to do is for those affected to spend a few sessions with a therapist and sort things out.   Doesn't that make sense to you?

I think I already explained why they would be secretive; because of a possible backlash from social media and certain quarters. They have a huge brand to protect. In other words...$$$$.

Yes it makes sense to see a therapist sometimes, certainly in a situation like this, why?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

"...their Dad was now their Mom..."

Nope.  

As for As Kylie/Kendall, Kris will always be their Mom &

Caitlyn will always be their Dad/Father.

ETA:

Giggle....my favorite phrase within a Kardahsian/Jenner thread,

"...possible backlash from social media."

Srsly?

Ah, um...since you've obviously been living under a rock

for the last 10 yrs., I suggest going to any Kardahsian/Jenner

news story & begin reading e.v.e.r.y. single post in the comments section

to get caught up on 'backlash'. 

They're used to it.  I t.h.i.n.k. they can brush it off.

That's why I love their tenacity. 

Respected Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

Kylie Jenner did have a difficult time initially with Bruce transitioning to Caitlyn.  I don't recall anyone "slaughtering" her on social media for her feelings.  Most people realized how it could be difficult for such a young girl.  

From what I've read in interviews, some of the family members had more of a hard time with Caitlyn not sharing certain things with them in advance, and having to learn things from the media, but not with the transition itself.  I think Caitlyn later stated she could have done things differently.

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

We won't be watching here.

I have never watched Tucker Carlson so I will not be watching this.  I did watch his interview on 20/20.  It was interesting.  I hope she is happy.  Can't imagine living most of your life knowing you are female inside but having to play the role of male on the outside.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lucky Charm wrote:

I watched DS interview.

I know so many people are upset that Caitlyn isn't handing out thousands and thousands of dollars on street corners to help everyone and all with their transgender transitions.

I don't get why people expect others to give away their money.  Just because they have it.  But, whatever.

The thing that stood out to me was, Caitlyn *stole* a pair of Kris' sunglasses 'years and years ago'.  She tried them on during the interview and they were too big.  Kris must have a big head!

I think it is because that there are some people with money who will give money to organizations that they believe in or maybe something that has affected them in someway.  How do we know Cairlyn is not donating money she does not have to broadcast it.

Honored Contributor

@I like celery wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

Kylie Jenner did have a difficult time initially with Bruce transitioning to Caitlyn.  I don't recall anyone "slaughtering" her on social media for her feelings.  Most people realized how it could be difficult for such a young girl.  

From what I've read in interviews, some of the family members had more of a hard time with Caitlyn not sharing certain things with them in advance, and having to learn things from the media, but not with the transition itself.  I think Caitlyn later stated she could have done things differently.

No one handles things perfectly all the time .... and this is definitely a very tricky road to navigate.

Of course family members will go through a period of adjustment, whether members are famous or not.

I recall when Chastity Bono transitioned to Chaz, Cher had a tough time dealing with it.    

My guess is that so many transgender people have kept this a deep dark secret out of fear for many years, that when they finally have the courage to come out, a lot of family and friends will feel blindsided.

Personally, whether it's being trans, or gay, or whatever, it must be a tough cross to bear when you cannot be your authentic self with people you love, and have to keep such a big secret.

Respected Contributor

For all of us old enough and remember Bruce Jenner as the beyond handsome, masculine Olympian, who would have thought all of these years later that he would transgender into a woman.  We would have all said "No Way."

I sincerely hope he is happier now.  I am sure his past wives as well as his children have had a hard time making the adjustment to his new status.

Esteemed Contributor

Caitlyn has said that she is happier now, and I am happy for her.

Who are we to judge whether her children gracefully accepted the change or not?

What's that saying? 

Look for the log in your eye, before you go looking for the splinter in someone elses.

I am going to take the adult children at their word, if they say that they don't have a problem with Caitlyn.

And yes, I ordered her book, and I look forward to reading it.

I will ALWAYS be a PROUD supporter of the LGBT community!