Honored Contributor

CURRENT OAK ISLAND EPISODES

[ Edited ]

Although the new season of Oak Island starts November 2nd, my dvr is recording "new" shows this month.

I think they are doing a recap to draw in new viewers who'll be up to speed for the new season.  Of course, regular viewers like to review what's been happening, 

Is that what's happening?   

Esteemed Contributor

Re: CURRENT OAK ISLAND EPISODES

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Although the new season of Oak Island starts November 2nd, my dvr is recording "new" shows this month.

I think they are doing a recap to draw in new viewers who'll be up to speed for the new season.  Of course, regular viewers like to review what;s been happening, 

Is that what's happening?   

I think your right...Love this show!

Valued Contributor

I'm pretty sure they do this at the beginning of every season.  They recap some or all of previous season(s).  

Trusted Contributor

@Tinkrbl44    Yes, you are correct!  Its a recap of the previous shows for viewers to get caught up.  I like this show too.  I also watch Counting Cars, and they do the same thing before the new shows start.  

Honored Contributor

Two Questions:

First -  I've suddenly noticed the music playing in the background, almost constantly ... well, except when they are talking.  I never noticed this before!    Has it always been there, or is this new?    I'm wondering how I could have missed it before, and look forward to knowing whether anyone else has "suddenly" noticed background music.

Second -  I am noticing that Marty Lagina is always wearing a maroon shirt with the logo or initials M V .... but cannot get a visual closeup of the actual words.  (I've stopped play back several times to get close to my tv to see if I can make out the words and can't read them)

Anyone know what M V is?  At first I thought this guy has to buy more shirts, lol, but he's clearly constantly advertising or representing ... something.        

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think that shirt is for his vinyard in Traverse City MI.  Can't remember the exact name, I'll try Google.

Edit:  Mari Vineyards in Traverse City  

I lived there for awhile years ago and never realized how many wineries were there.  And I drank wine back then, go figure.

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

I think that shirt is for his vinyard in Traverse City MI.  Can't remember the exact name, I'll try Google.

Edit:  Mari Vineyards in Traverse City  

I lived there for awhile years ago and never realized how many wineries were there.  And I drank wine back then, go figure.

@depglass 

Wow.   I didn't realize you could have a vineyard that far north ... seems too cold, but interesting to see.  

Honored Contributor

@sophiesofers wrote:

@Tinkrbl44    Yes, you are correct!  Its a recap of the previous shows for viewers to get caught up.  I like this show too.  I also watch Counting Cars, and they do the same thing before the new shows start.  

@sophiesofers 

Huh ...  I don't recall that in previous years ... well, it's definitely a good thing.  

I wonder how much $$$$ this endeavor is costing them, per year.  Without the History Channel, it might be hard to get investors.  If I understood correctly, the Canadian government prevents them from bringing things up (the diving they did last week) .... so where is this going?