Trusted Contributor

Has this been discussed?  A new CSI coming to CBS in October, CSI: Vegas.  A continuation of the original CSI theme.  The only returning characters I could see from the trailer are Grissom and Sara - pretty sure I caught a glimpse of Hodges.

I was excited until realizing Nick, Willows and Greg are not among the characters. Smiley Sad  

George Eads (Nick) was my favorite actor on the show.  ♥  I'll still watch it.

Trusted Contributor

I was excited to see it was coming back too. I always liked the show. It will be interesting to see what the new version will be like.

Esteemed Contributor
I’m pretty sure the three you mentioned are the only ones returning (who’s to say someone won’t show up for an episode - however (and I may be misremembering) I thought there was some drama with George Eads and the finale movie. Think they only added him for a small scene. May be bad blood there. He may have also left acting - can’t remember his reason for leaving MacGyver.)

Anyways, I’m really looking forward to this! The original show was one of my favorites.
Trusted Contributor

Oh, I didn't know that about George Eads.  Smiley Sad  Too bad.

Esteemed Contributor

@PilatesLover  I just read that Paul Guilfoyle/Detective Brass (former detective?) was also joining the cast. 

my memory was apparently fuzzy about George Eads, but I don't think I was incorrect about the bad blood. I had forgotten he had an altercation with a pregnant writer apparently about his character.  He took a few episodes off after that.  He ended up quitting, but was a moot point as the show was canceled. He was invited back for the film, but he declined as his part wasn't integral to the plot (he had left Vegas at the end of the original series to head up another crime lab.). Later, he asked to be let out of his MacGyver contract to spend more time with his daughter - it filmed in a different state.  I don't see many additional credits, but Wiki did show that he was in one episode of This Is Us last year.  So, I was probably wrong about him being retired - he's probably just doing whatever he wants and doesn't "need" to work if he doesn't want to(my assumption). I personally also liked him in both of these roles and would love if he returned for an episode or two. I'm just not sure how likely it is.

Honored Contributor

I just saw this online today, and I nearly choked on my coffee, happily!

YAY!  I'm so excited this show is back!  Grissom is one of my all-time TV characters.  I'm not as enthused to see that Sara is also back though.  I thought they ended her charcater's tenure with the show with her & Grissom getting a divorce(??)  The trailer I saw had them apparently very much a couple.  I found her extremely tiring and dull.  But I guess we'll see how the whole show, and new characters, all pans out.

Other characters returning are David Hodges and Jim Brass.