Respected Contributor

Re: CSI Miami, now I know why I never watched it.

we still watch CSI miami sometimes in bed at night.  

you have to remember, that show is like 20 years old.  we started out with the beginning seasons several months back on our roku, and you get to see the transformation of Kallie, the blonde from zero make up look, and as the seasons progress, so does her "look" till the later seasons, as one other poster said, heels, make up, she could be going to a premier or something.    same with the ME Alex, who dressed waaay sexy for her job. lip gloss and heels to the max. when it was filmed, it was the times.  

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2    Woman Very Happy  I can't stand CSI Miami and David Caruso is the primary reason.  As a natural redhead with pale skin it irked me to no end that David Caruso was oftentimes dressed in black head to toe.  I'm a shoe person (men, women and kids) and couldn't stand his shoes Woman Very Happy

I probably could have gotten beyond all of that if he didn't perpetually repeat the names of people he was talking to.  I'll give an example that might seem over the top however it felt like this to me every time Caruso delivered dialogue.

Calleigh:  Horatio, we have a couple of great leads and are getting close to the suspect.

Horatio:  I don't know Calleigh, something tells me these are false leads.  You know how your gut just doesn't feel right Calleigh?  Well, Calleigh my gut just doesn't feel right.  

Woman LOL

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Super Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ @How do these girls learn to run in tight skirts and high heels?  Really, my skirt would split and I’d twist my ankle when a heel broke off!  Maybe there are classes on how to run and still look good?  Me, I’d trip and be trampled by pretty girls in spike heels!

Esteemed Contributor

@Deb665   Lol.  Yep, I look like a sieve I'd have so many holes from spike heels running over me.

When Eva Larue was on the beach in heels how was she not stuck in the sand.

Honored Contributor

Wow, that's a blast from the distant past.  20 years ago, I think.  I was different back then and tv shows were different back then.  No many of the would pass the test of time.  I did watch CSI Miami.  No it wasn't great tv but I liked Caruso and there were fewer shows of that genre on tv back then.  I also liked the locale, the sun and sand and pastel colors and palm trees.  It worked....back then.  Not so much today.

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree   I thought the building used as police HQ was an odd shape and I Googled it.  It is or was a credit union in Hamilton CA.  I guess they filmed mosly in CA . The magic of television.

Esteemed Contributor

I don’t normally have a strong reaction to a character - yes, there may be some I like more than others and some I may even hate. But I don’t usually get that feeling in my bones, where it feels like chalk squeaking on a board and I hate every site of them.

There is only one known exception - Ryan Wolfe on CSI:Miami. I can’t explain it; the others may have been annoying too, but he just really really rubbed me the wrong way.
Respected Contributor

David Caruso ..... UGH!!

Watched a few episodes of CSI:Miami many years ago. The way he always stood with his hands on his hips drove me batty.

I think he thinks very highly of himself. One of the worst actors out there  ..... and he's HARD on the eyes.

Honored Contributor

@lmt wrote:

David Caruso ..... UGH!!

Watched a few episodes of CSI:Miami many years ago. The way he always stood with his hands on his hips drove me batty.

I think he thinks very highly of himself. One of the worst actors out there  ..... and he's HARD on the eyes.

@lmt    @CrazyKittyLvr2t

Caruso is a terrible actor .... and he would constantly put on and take off his sunglasses .... put them on and take them off .... like he couldn't make up his mind what to do with them!

Valued Contributor

I like CSI Miami.

I've been enjoying watching the old NCIS.  I'm trying to catch up - only a few more years to go!