Honored Contributor

Re: CSI Miami, now I know why I never watched it.

If I remember correctly, David Caruso has a reputation in the industry for being hard to work with.

I haven’t read all the posts, so sorry if it has already been mentioned.

Respected Contributor

@Deb665 wrote:

@CrazyKittyLvr2  The way professional women are dressed on tv and in the movies does a real disservice to young women in the work force.  As a manager in a baI had to have countless discussions with young women about what they were wearing.  They see successful women on tv dressed like hookers and think that’s an appropriate way to dress.  I finally just started telling them I didn’t want to see any body part that started with a “B” - boobs, butts or bellys.  

I add Back to that list.  Professional women should be able to bend over or reach for something without their bareback being exposed because their clothes are too short/tight.

Respected Contributor

I never cared for CSI Miami either, I thought it was terrible.

I too do NOT care for David CarusoI feel like I am watching someone trying to act.

The original CSI was a great show.

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@CrazyKittyLvr2    Woman Very Happy  I can't stand CSI Miami and David Caruso is the primary reason.  As a natural redhead with pale skin it irked me to no end that David Caruso was oftentimes dressed in black head to toe.  I'm a shoe person (men, women and kids) and couldn't stand his shoes Woman Very Happy

I probably could have gotten beyond all of that if he didn't perpetually repeat the names of people he was talking to.  I'll give an example that might seem over the top however it felt like this to me every time Caruso delivered dialogue.

Calleigh:  Horatio, we have a couple of great leads and are getting close to the suspect.

Horatio:  I don't know Calleigh, something tells me these are false leads.  You know how your gut just doesn't feel right Calleigh?  Well, Calleigh my gut just doesn't feel right.  

Woman LOL

EXACTLY! And the dramatic, expectant  pause between each phrase...

Honored Contributor

@Mothertrucker    Woman Very Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I never cared for CSI Miami, either and could never figure out why.  Even after reading all these posts ... I still can't.   

It probably has to do with the overly made up women characters ... I mean the make-up is so over the top.  And the "professional wear" ... blouses unbuttoned, one button too many  that sort of thing.

Even twenty years later, I have a hard time watching women newscasters.   I thought Norah O'Donnell was going to break the mold during her first two weeks of anchoring the new CBS Evening News.   Great two piece pants suits in gorgeous colors.  BUT now she's starting to look like all the others ... low assymetrical necklines, etc.   Back to not watching ...

Honored Contributor

Never watched CSI Miami, loved CSI NY, Gary Sinese is in that show and he is one of my favorite actors

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@SoX wrote:

I never cared for CSI Miami, either and could never figure out why.  Even after reading all these posts ... I still can't.   

It probably has to do with the overly made up women characters ... I mean the make-up is so over the top.  And the "professional wear" ... blouses unbuttoned, one button too many  that sort of thing.

Even twenty years later, I have a hard time watching women newscasters.   I thought Norah O'Donnell was going to break the mold during her first two weeks of anchoring the new CBS Evening News.   Great two piece pants suits in gorgeous colors.  BUT now she's starting to look like all the others ... low assymetrical necklines, etc.   Back to not watching ...

@SoX. Re Norah O’Donnell. We watch CBS night news. We liked Jeff Glor but he’s gone. We watched Norah twice and switched to Lester Holt for the World News. 

Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ 

Actually, I liked Scott Pelley before Jeff Glor; although Glor was okay.  I was furious when Pelley got fired, but thought I'd take a chance with O'Donnell ... well, she's like a cardboard cutout, now ... so I think I'll switch to Lester.

Honored Contributor

@SoX wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ 

Actually, I liked Scott Pelley before Jeff Glor; although Glor was okay.  I was furious when Pelley got fired, but thought I'd take a chance with O'Donnell ... well, she's like a cardboard cutout, now ... so I think I'll switch to Lester.

@SoX. Forgot about Scott Pelley. We liked him also.