Respected Contributor

I really liked everything about the movie but I do find it very odd that they made Cruella a sympathetic character which is quite a juxtaposition from her character in 101 Dalmatians.  This prequel doesn't seem to fit at all with the original movie. 

Honored Contributor

@dulwich. See my OP

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee   Thank you for heads up - bit hectic here at moment have not had time to read threads but will check up on this film sounds like fun.

Honored Contributor

@ninjawife wrote:

I really liked everything about the movie but I do find it very odd that they made Cruella a sympathetic character which is quite a juxtaposition from her character in 101 Dalmatians.  This prequel doesn't seem to fit at all with the original movie. 

@ninjawife  I never saw the original-101 Dalmatians.  I was under the impression that Estella was the sympathetic one.

Her 2 sidekicks kept Cruella under control to a certain point. 

Were the 2 sidekicks as well as the 2 dogs in the original movie?

The actress who played "The Baroness"  & the Chihuahua stole the movie. 837514213.gifBoth deserves an Oscar.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@ninjawife wrote:

@ninjawife  I never saw the original-101 Dalmatians.  I was under the impression that Estella was the sympathetic one.

Her 2 sidekicks kept Cruella under control to a certain point. 

Were the 2 sidekicks as well as the 2 dogs in the original movie?

The actress who played "The Baroness"  & the Chihuahua stole the movie. 837514213.gifBoth deserves an Oscar.

I am not @ninjawife  BUT - Jasper and Horace were in the original movie. They were hired by Cruella to kidnap the Dalmations puppies of Pongo and Perdita. So Cruella could make a Dalmation coat.

The only other dog characters in the original movie worked together to help the kidnapped puppies. 

The movie Cruella did not follow the original movie except for minor points. 

Honored Contributor

I watched this last night. It is now included with your Disney+ membership, I'm glad I didn't pay extra for it because I didn't care for it.