Honored Contributor

Re: COUNTRY MUSIC mini series on PBS

The last 2 episodes I didn't agree with who was profiled, who got more screen time and who was left off.

My understanding is the Ken Burns often adds more stuff in over time, so I'm looking forward to seeing stuff left out.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

@VaBelle35I agree.  I enjoyed it overall, but many people who were huge stars were just glossed over.  Kenny Rogers, Barbara Mandrell, Glen Campbell, etc. were barely mentioned.  They could have done a few more shows.  Also, why nothing since around the mid-90's?  That's around the last time I was really into country music but I'm sure there has been something happening during all of that time.  

Regular Contributor

I watched all the episodes and loved every minute. I could just keep on watching more episodes if there were anymore!!!  I wish they could have found a few more minutes for Glen Campbell.

Honored Contributor

@Roni18 wrote:

@VaBelle35I agree.  I enjoyed it overall, but many people who were huge stars were just glossed over.  Kenny Rogers, Barbara Mandrell, Glen Campbell, etc. were barely mentioned.  They could have done a few more shows.  Also, why nothing since around the mid-90's?  That's around the last time I was really into country music but I'm sure there has been something happening during all of that time.  

In the preview special he said that they stopped at Garth Brooks because they do history and the rest is not settled history yet.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

I love country music -- and this is an amazing documentary. I know most of the entertainers -- and it's interesting to see the ones from the beginning. I also like knowing the back stories. Very well done!!!!

Respected Contributor

Well done. Enjoyed it. Just needed more George Straight.

Valued Contributor

Tonight we watched the DVR’d “Country Music” concert filmed live at The Ryman in March in support the Ken Burns’ series. Totally enjoyed that too! We toured Nashville 25 years ago, time to plan a return trip;yes,a lot has changed but I am recommitted to the live arts and this wonderful, evolving music
Honored Contributor

All things considered, I'm glad it's over. It had its moments and I watched more of it that I anticiapted, but my personal view is it was too long, too many nights and too much focus on just a handful of artists at the expense of others who were glossed over. At the end of the day, they might well have subtitled it the Johnny Cash story... and I was never a fan.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@akaburtonfan wrote:

We were only able to see the first episode so my hubby order the dvd and will watch it soon. I’m not a big country music fan but found it quite interesting. I really enjoyed listening to the narrator. 

I have heard his voice before, although I know it is not Henry Fonda but something about his voice reminds me of Henry Fonda.  I enjoy his narration.Smiley Happy