Trusted Contributor

Re: COMMERCIALS YOU HATE....

The Allstate commercial in which the homeowner is not at home and sees a car thief at his home and guy says he is there to steal his car.  They end up shouting "What?" at each other.  Wonder how much the writer of this gem got paid.

Super Contributor

VUSE - The Perfect Puff

Makes me sick to my stomach every time I see it - I change the channel whenever it comes on...

Respected Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

I don't like the Kraft shredded cheese commecials, where in one commercial, a little girl is running from her mother, who wants her to take just one more bite, and in another, when the boy finds out that Mom made salmon for dinner, falls to the floor acting like he's been poisoned.

Next scene, kids are eating a different meal that has cheese on it.

My acting like those kids NEVER would have flown with my parents.

If I didn't like what mom made for dinner, then I didn't eat, period.

She was NOT going to make a whole seperate meal just fo me, just because I didn't like what she made fo dinner.

As fo taking just one more bite, I didn't get to get away with that either.

To me, this commercial is saying that the kids run the house, and not the parents.

ITA.  It's not cute. Just encourages kids to be spoiled brats.  Makes me think twice about buying any product made by Kraft.  

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@Lpink wrote:

How about the commercial where a woman is singing opera... a really high pitch that is very annoying.  I couldn't tell you what they are advertising because I mute it or change the channel.

The female opera singer is for a Honda car commercial.

It’s “the Queen of the Night’s Aria” from Mozart’s opera, “The Magic Flute”. I LOVE the aria, but beats the heck out of me what it has to do with selling cars.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I dislike any commercial that is not spoken in English.

Esteemed Contributor

@SchippyLuv wrote:

VUSE - The Perfect Puff

Makes me sick to my stomach every time I see it - I change the channel whenever it comes on...

or Juul.

Cigarette companies can't advertise their product on tv, but yet e-cigs can be advertised on tv.

To me, e-cigs shouldn't be allowed to advertise on tv, since regular cigarettes can't be advertised on tv.

I mean, they're both cigarettes!!

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Trusted Contributor

I hate the ones advertising an ambulance chaser lawyer with a siren blaring.  I've actually been in my car and pulled over upon hearing this.

They also seem seedy, too, to make matters worse.

dee

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@SchippyLuv wrote:

VUSE - The Perfect Puff

or Juul.

Cigarette companies can't advertise their product on tv, but yet e-cigs can be advertised on tv.

To me, e-cigs shouldn't be allowed to advertise on tv, since regular cigarettes can't be advertised on tv.

I mean, they're both cigarettes!!

@Anonymous032819 @SchippyLuv - I've just been saying to my DH, how is this ad even allowed to be on TV?

I hadn't seen it until recently and, at first, had to rewind the DVR, because I couldn't believe an ad for any kind of cigarette was even legal to air.

I wonder if it's just slipping through some kind of loophole?  A letter to the governing agency for this kind of thing seems to be in order.

Esteemed Contributor

Two more that come to mind....State Farm with the big muscle guy in the pink sweater playing the flute is flexing his "pecs".  The State Farm agent tells him to keep doing it.  GAG LOL

And the Geico ad where the guy is laying in all the colored balls because he is stressed out about buying a house (or car?).  DUMB.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Don't mess with my discount!!!   So sick of that woman yelling at her husband and kids.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!